Warranty Query

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to the basic 3 year/36,000 mile warranty or an extended service contract or the 7 year 70,000 mile powertrain warranty? On either account Chrysler is getting very confusing. Let me know the exactly what you are speaking of and I will get the information for you.

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my '02 GTS for sale. First owner put 400 miles or so on it and now I want to sell. Car has remaining 3/36, but will it transfer to a third owner?
If not, how can a buyer have warranty?

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the 3/36 will transfer an unlimited amount of times, but I will have a definitive answer for you tomorrow.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, it is not tomorrow but I do have an answer. According to DC, the 3/36 stays with the car irregardless of the number of owners. Any other info, PM me.

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** - thanks much! I have potential buyers who believe that the warranty does not transfer. I am in a critical situation here. I need to sell my car because I have an '04 Viper and an '02 Hummer H1 located and I need to raise some cash and I'm about to lose the H1.
It is not tomorrow, but I'll pay a 500 bird dog for a referral leading to a sale.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GraphiteGTS,
If you want I will try to get you something in writing for your potential buyers. Get me the last 8 of your VIN and I will work on this for you. You can PM me with this information. What is the 04 Viper you are looking at?

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GraphiteGTS,I was the third owner of a 2001 RT10. I purchased it while it was still in the 3/36 period. I had warrenty work done on the car with no problem. I agree with ***** that there is no limit on owners while still under the 3/36 original warrenty period.
If you need a local referral, give me a PM.
JPM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc