Washer Behind the Idler Pulley??

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This may be a dumb question but is there suppose to be a thick washer behind the idler pulley? I had to take the pulley off during the Roe SC install a few years ago and I didn't recall at the time ever seeing one so I put it back on without one. Never had any issues. The reason I'm bringing it up now is I swapped out the idler pulley tonight because I'm thinking it was the culprit for a squeeling noise I had. When I put the new one on, I noticed the back outer edge of the pulley is extremely close to the alternator casing. Almost rubbing it. I'm sure the old one was this way too but after all these years, I never noticed it until now. Eyeballing the lineup of this pulley with the rest of the belt drive pulleys, it appears to sit back further. Also, what is the torque on the idler bolt? I torqued it around 30 ftlbs. Thanks!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you are correct. I'm pulling one off tomorrow and can get you a measurement if you like. Probably doesn't matter so much though...as you said several years without it. I would be most concerned about the belt centering on it correctly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery