Water Leak From Side Windows - 98 RT/10 with/PW

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, just bought my 1998 RT/10 with p windows. Noticed after I washed the car (in my driveway), that the carpet on the drivers side was wet.
:crazy2:

Has anyone experienced this? Clearly I don't and won't be driving in the rain :nono:, but wondered if maybe I can't even use the hose to wash down the car.

Now I need to use a hair dryer to dry the carpet before putting down my need factory logo mats.

Just curious, will be careful next time anyway.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Red

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing that "P windows" is power windows? Some do leak from a crushed rubber seal. Usually just a couple of drops coming from the front of the door. Usually not a big deal if you driving the car(water being forced down the body of the car), but sitting it finds the path thru the gap in the seal. Replace the seal or have a towel handy. :D :D

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure why the carpet would be wet. That would have to be more than a little leak. I know mine leaks lightly so I avoid spraying it directly with water at high pressure. Keep an eye on it obviously.

:usa:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all.

I've only washed the car once since I got it about a week and a half ago. But, honestly, I never thought about it when I was hosing it down or rinsing it off.:dunno: So, I could have "forced" some water into the car. Never thought it was designed to be driven in the rain and unless I am wrong, the seal between the top and top of (side) windshield rubber doesn't look all that close. The car only has 5k miles, so don't expect much wear on any of the seals...but will check it out.

Not sure if running the car with the heat on high is better than using a hair blower...though the car heater is certainly easier on your back :crazy2:

Thanks again.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Red

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery