Water Wetter?

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard of this product, an additive I would guess, to the coolant. Anyone use this product? Is it worthwhile for a car that is not raced? Any downside, like the potential for screwing up the cooling system in any way? Thanks. I'm always apprehensive concerning additives and their usefulness.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg:

I've used this the Water Wetter product before in several of my cars, and it never did any damage.

Since I live in Southern California, I decided not to even run antifreeze in my GTS. I use straight distilled water and add Neo Oil's Keep Cool additive ( http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/keepcool.htm ).

Their other cooling products are at: http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/cooling.htm

I've had it on the track twice (which are located in the high desert) and had no problems come up. It's been in my car for a year (along with Neo's synthetic oils and fluids) and the car is running strong.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Water Wetter (by RedLine) is a electrolytic radiator additive that claims to make water more efficient at carrying away heat. I have indeed used it in my hot-running 93 and it did appear to lower average operating temps 3-5 degrees...ie the width of the temp needle!

It is spoted in the supply racks of most amateur race teams everywhere. It has NO anti-freeze properties or corrosion protection however. A couple bottles should do ya, as a replacement for an equal amount of coolant.

More effective, in order:
a) BURP your motor thoroughly and effectively. Top hose should be full and firm with COOLANT, not air! Surge tank FULL; Facia bottle 1/3 full. If any of the above are incorrect, you will run hot.
b) Ensure radiator CLEANed of bugs, leaves, track rubber, sand, etc.
c) Upgrade your fan / shroud....Yes, even Gen-1 can benefit.

JonB~~~~:<~