WAVCA 2010 Viper Fall Colors Tour & Oktoberfest

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder that we have a Viper cruise coming up this Saturday, the 16th. Weather outlook is cooperating with us right now - should be a nice day. I made dinner reservations for 9 (so far) at Lombardi's in Issaquah to end the day. They are fairly flexible, so I can change if our numbers change. If the weather stays nice, the Exotics @ RTC car show will be going on at our departure site. You can check out some nice cars (almost as nice as Vipers) while we gather our group. Don't park in the show parking when you arrive as we will be leaving before their group breaks up. Just let the "Parking ****'s" (their term, not mine) know that you want to park in the visitors section. Let me know as soon as possible if you are planning to attend, so that I can update reservations.

We will start out on Saturday morning, October 16, 2010 at 9 a.m. from Redmond Town Center. From there, we will head east through a few twisty roads to Monroe, hang a right on Highway 2 and continue over Stevens Pass to Leavenworth from there. Should take a little over 2 hours to get there, so we’ll split up and have lunch before the Mayor of Leavenworth taps the keg at 1:00 p.m. Food and shopping can continue until about 2 or 3 p.m. when we need to get back on the road. We’ll drive a little further east to Wenatchee & hang a right to head back over Snoqualmie. Instead of slogging along I-90, after the Pass we will detour to Snoqualmie Falls. There is a back route into Issaquah/Sammamish along Hwy 203/202 that can’t be missed! We’ll end the drive with a dinner in downtown Issaquah. Total dive time (estimated via googlemaps) is about 5 hours.

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated attendees:

Charley & Alicia
Nate
John
Joe
Tom & Marina
George & Robin
Rich & Nancy
Steve (maybe)
Dave & Marilyn
Karen & Kelsey
Ghost of Paul:(

Your name here...:drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edit option disappeared. :dunno: But on the plus side, numbers approaching a stationary event turnout!

Updated attendees:

Charley & Alicia
Nate
John
Joe
Tom & Marina
George & Robin
Rich & Nancy
Steve (maybe)
Dave & Marilyn
Karen & Kelsey
Ghost of Paul & Barb :(
Larry & Kathy
Bill

Your name here...

Last edited:
OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edit option disappeared. :dunno: But on the plus side, numbers approaching a stationary event turnout!

Updated attendees:

Charley & Alicia
Nate
John
Joe
Tom & Marina
George & Robin
Rich & Nancy
Steve (maybe)
Dave & Marilyn
Karen & Kelsey
Ghost of Paul & Barb :(
Larry & Kathy
Bill

Your name here...

Plus Bud & Joanie.

Our itinerary:

*****0. We'll have a driver's meeting before departure to go over our route & caravan rules. Proposed stops, desired additional stops, no driving crazy (unless you're Joe, then that's all you CAN do.), radios set to 10-10, driving/fog lights on, any non-Viper gets mixed up with us, slow to a crawl so they get irritated & get out of our way, etc, etc, etc.

1. Start at Redmond Town Center. We will go out the back (and more fun) way to Monroe.
2. Stop at South end of Monroe at Al Borin Park.
3. Continue on to Highway 2 towards Stevens Pass.
4. Stop at Nason Creek Rest Stop to prepare for Leavenworth.
5. Arrive at Leavenworth. Shopping/sightseeing/Lunch. The Mayor will Tap the Keg for Oktoberfestivities at 1:00p.m.
6. Give cat bath (i.e.: gather everyone to depart)
7. Joe would like to stop at a little, out-of-the-way Winery near Wenatchee that we stopped at last year.
8. Stop in Cle Elum to rest/refuel before getting on I-90.
9. Snoqualmie Falls rest stop. Take a picture, visit the gift shop, but no hiking - we'll never get back!
10. Continue back roads to Issaquah.
11. Dinner at Lombardi's.

I'll have maps & directions for you.
Remember to bring your radios &/or cell phones. I'll have 3 radios with me if I remember to charge them after I send this.

See You on the road!

OP
OP
PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of question is that, Clint? You already know the answer.:boozer:

Waited a long time for a slo-mo-yellow car to show up. Maybe they're still on the way? :dunno:

Don't have the camera with me. I'll see what I have when I get back home.

vwiper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somebody asked for pics...

To start the morning off was a nice drive east down I-90 into the sunrise.

picture.php

We gathered at Redmond town square until everyone arrived. Vehicles in lot looked like this:

picture.php

Of which the orange one in the middle was Sir Mix A-Lots and he did three raps while we were there.

picture.php

Before we left Redmond town square and started the days journey this pulled in:

picture.php

Everyone went nuts over this Ferarria.. Makes sense since it is now related to our Vipers, doesn't it? :dunno:

Oh, and on our journed I did get a pic of one viper, seems to be lost in front of me going down some gravel road.

picture.php

Oh ya.. i am following him wasn't I...:drive::confused:

Didn't somebody ask for Viper pics... ok here is a group shot at the rest area right before lunch.

picture.php

yes, we even had a Prowler in the mix, but hey it is a Dodge, it is a 2001, and it followed us all the way there, spent the day with us, and even hung out for dinner at the end. Good spirited fellow. :headbang: