Wayne Scott Memorial Ride 09/11/10

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

On 09/11/10, we're doing a ride to Flagstaff in honor of Wayne Scott. Wayne was a Phoenix Police motor officer that was killed on 09/10/02. Every year a memorial ride is done to Flagstaff and it's mostly motorcycles, however, everyone is welcome.

We will be going through Wickenburg, up Yarnell Hill, most likely stopping for lunch in Prescott, continuing on to Jerome, up to Sedona and spending the night in Flagstaff.

Anyone is welcome and there is no obligation to stay the night in Flagstaff. If anyone is intersted, shoot me a PM and I'll try to give you as much info as I have. Myself and a bunch of my friends are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Flagstaff. We'll have dinner and drinks when we get there and leave in the morning.

The only confirmed cars that I know of are me, '06 Louts Elise and possibly a Camaro. I've put the word out to the Ferrari club as well.

The preliminary meeting place is CCV (church) at 67th Ave / Happy Valley around 8 am.

Last edited:
OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting time has been changed to 7:00 am and we're leaving at 7:30 am. Meeting place is still CCV. Enter off of 67th Ave/just south of Happy Valley Rd.

OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to cars & coffee this morning. Steve from Scuderia Southwest says he's got about 10 cars going of various makes/models.

So as it stands right now, we have:

Me - RT/10
2006 Lotus Elise
Dale V. - 2005 SRT10 Viper
Possibly Dale's son in his Corvette
2008 335i
2003 Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Mustang Cobra Vert
About 10 cars from Ferrari/Lambo club

Preliminary weather report looks good. Sunny and 73 in Flagstaff. Hopefully it stays that way!

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any empty seats available for a Saturday only ride? My son wants to go but won't have his Vette ready and my daughter would like to go.

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any vacant seats available for riders - Saturday only? My son wants to go but won't have his Corvette ready, and my daughter wants to go if she can.

[Sorry for the double post. That's what 1 bar in the boonies on a BlackBerry with T-Mobile as the provider will get you. To compound the problem, I haven't found a way to delete messages from this bulletin board]

Last edited:
OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale,

I don't know of any open seats. Everyone is bringing their wives. Do you know if your son got anyone from the Corvette Club to go????

OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we have Matt from Prescott Vintage Motors joining us in Prescott for the ride up to Flagstaff. He said he's planning on bringing a 1963 Jaguar XKE & a 1972 Ferrari 246 GTS.

OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the final head count for cars that we know are coming, Steve from Scuderia Southwest said a few more might join:

Me - RT/10
2006 Lotus Elise
Dale V. - 2005 SRT10 Viper
2008 335i
2003 Porsche 911 Cabriolet
1998 Mustang Cobra Vert
C6 Z06
C6 Vette Convertible
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Lamborghini Diablo
Ferrari 308 GTSi
Ferrari Testarossa
Porsche GT3RS
Porsche 911 twin turbo
Ferrari 550 or Porsche GT3
1972 Ferrari 246 GTS or 1963 Jaguar XKE

Final check of weather looks absolutely great. 74 and clear in Flagstaff. 80's in Prescott/Sedona. Should be a great ride!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a GREAT ride!!! We had about 15 cars of all makes and models. Special thanks to Steve at Scuderia Southwest for stepping up and getting HIS car club to show up. I also want to thank fellow VCA member Dale Volz for making the trip. It was good seeing you again Dale!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

http://forums.viperclub.org/picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=2669

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Mike for your efforts & persistence in pulling the cruise together. Nice people, a wonderful mix of great cars, a beautiful day, and some of the best touring roads in Arizona. The day couldn't have been better.

:drive: