Weekend Cruise

snakestress

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's memorial weekend and the temperature is rising. Here in Tucson, we have not yet hit our 100 degree day, potentially today, but Chris and I are planning to take advantage of this cooler 99 degree weather while it lasts. :D

So this is kind of an open invitation to anybody in Arizona who would want to maybe cruise with us over the weekend. We just got our Viper and we still can't shake the cruising bug (yeah right, we've owned our cars for years and still have the cruising bug lol)

We plan on one either

Mt Lemmon
mt lemmon tucson - Google Maps

Kitt Peak
kitt peak AZ - Google Maps

Arivaca
Arivaca, Tucson, AZ - Google Maps

or Patagonia via 82
patagonia - Google Maps

Would also have loved to go to Pine Top but I think thats a little much for a weekend cruise. The 60 to Alpine is quite the drive!
alpine, az - Google Maps

Anyhow, let us know. Would like to see some takers especially if you havent been on one of these roads. They are worth driving at least once.:drive:

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to, but family just got in for the weekend, and I can't figure out how to fit them all in the car...;) Lived in Tucson from 89-91 while I was in the UofA, and that Mount Lemmon drive was great! Maybe another time. Enjoy!

OP
OP
S

snakestress

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We sure will!

Chris and I don't have family in town or even close, so holiday weekends like this is perfect for us. We don't have kids as well so it's really just an excuse to be kids ourselves and enjoy the long weekend.

We cruise often so just for future reference to AZ people, if you feel like taking some twisties in Tucson, call us. we are always up for it unless we are at work or sick. :p

maeham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry going to mexico for weekend sun beer and sand but mostly beer lol
have a good ride. hope u got the service contract stuff worked out ? see u soon

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's connect sometime. Christine & I take a short cruise most every weekend. We may do a sunrise cruise out Apache Trail Monday morning, 5/31, and then have breakfast at Tortilla Flat after we've slithered through the switchbacks for awhile. Some of the Cobra Club folks were heading to Alpine this weekend for the Route 666 Blast from the Past car show.

If anybody is interested in making the Apache Trail run, call me at 602-909-3161. Christine and I will be 4-wheeling in the Jeep and hiking on the rim tomorrow (Sunday), so I may be out of cell range most of the day. Just leave a name & number and I'll call back when I can.

Eddie: Glad I'm not bringing the Viper in for service on Tuesday with you sunburned and hung-over.

OP
OP
S

snakestress

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale we should. Chris and I are never at home for the most part, I don't even know why we have a house! LOL

We'll see how tired we are after today. Chances are slim but we will call you if we decide to join you tomorrow. That's the only thing is we are both night owls and late risers (mostly me). I like to start my cruises at noon :rolleyes:

Have fun everyone and have a safe Memorial weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave