Well, hello beautiful

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was concerned about the stick too (for me its been almost 20 years) and everything is flappy paddles these days. But the clutch is light and its pretty easy to drive. I too definitely need more bonding time with the car. have fun breakin her in!

Viperus Prime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations man !!!! That is such a **** CAR!!! Can't wait for mine to destroy the belgian roads!! (seeing that they're allready f*cked up roads, shouldn't be a problem) -V-

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was concerned about the stick too (for me its been almost 20 years) and everything is flappy paddles these days. But the clutch is light and its pretty easy to drive. I too definitely need more bonding time with the car. have fun breakin her in!
yeah, i have had great luck with it so far. like you, i stalled trying to get it into the garage (Granted I was babying it hoping not to bottom out!) - but other than that, it is a breeze to tear through the gears...

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harold....I PM'd you. We will definitely have to put together the ole' Northern VA Viper crew and do a drive. Congrats!

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stalling your car pulling it into your driveway the first time is a right of passage. I did as well trying to go slow the first time listening for scraping. Since then not a single stall. And it's been 8 years myself away from a manual, this is such a great car to get back into the grove with.

Congrats!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stalling your car pulling it into your driveway the first time is a right of passage. I did as well trying to go slow the first time listening for scraping. Since then not a single stall. And it's been 8 years myself away from a manual, this is such a great car to get back into the grove with.

Congrats!

I'm thinking you meant to say groove... Viper into Grove= Not Good:D

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats!
I am amazed how easy it is to row through the gears. 640hp on tap doesn't hurt the prevention of stalling!

But yeah, I too was "please don't scrape, please don't scrape"

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4cyl manuals are the most difficult to drive, gotta rev them up just to get moving. V8 and V10 manual cars are a breeze, when torque is so high at low rpm.

Viperus Prime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4cyl manuals are the most difficult to drive, gotta rev them up just to get moving. V8 and V10 manual cars are a breeze, when torque is so high at low rpm.

4 Cyl are for kids, V8 for men, and V10 for Mad men with junk the size of a Wrecking ball! -V- :2tu:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This. I've stalled my Turbo Dart more times since I've owned it in January, than any of the high-torque manuals I've owned combined" Viper, Jeep I6, F350 Powerstroke. It's really pretty funny.

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car looks fantastic. I saw one of the SRT demo cars in white last month. It's even better in person than in photos!

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took it to Cars and Coffee this morning in Great Falls VA

stole the show! This was the scene the entire morning

You must be registered for see images attach

Went with my father in law, let him behind the wheel as well - he loves it as well!

Lots of interest in the Gen V, lots of questions from everyone there.

Plus, some beautiful older cars and a few other Vipers. Got to meet a few people from the site!

Reaction score
But yeah, I too was "please don't scrape, please don't scrape"

Just know that you will scrape at some point, as it too is a rite of passage for almost every Viper that gets driven fairly often. Some put a clear bra underneath while others simply repaint the fascia during any winter downtime. The good news is that even if you scrape it bad, the Gen 5 fascia is about 1/3 the price of the Gen 3/4 front fascia...