Western MD Fall Cruise, Sunday, November 1st.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIRGINIA-MARYLAND REGION

7th Annual Western Maryland Fall Cruise 2009

Cruise Details: The Western Maryland Fall Cruise may likely be one of the last times to get your Viper out before the real cold weather and inclement conditions hit our area. This year’s cruise will start in New Market, Maryland and end at Miyako Restaurant in Frederick, Maryland. Our route will take us through Libertytown, New Windsor, Taneytown, Emmitsburg, Waynesboro, Smithsburg and along Greenbrier State Park on our way back into Frederick. A map along with detailed driving instructions will be provided.

When: Sunday, November 1st, 2009

Time: Cruise - Meet @ 9:45 AM, Depart promptly @ 10:00 AM
Lunch - 1:00 PM

Meeting Place: Park and Ride off Route 75 East in New Market, Exit 62. If traveling I-70 East, take exit 62, veer off to right (follow signs to Park and Ride), Park and Ride is straight ahead. If traveling I-70 West, take exit 62, come to stop sign and make left turn onto Route 75. Proceed over I-70, Park and Ride is straight ahead.

Note: If you need gas or a restroom stop prior to arriving at meeting location, there are two gas stations located off of Route 144. If you come in I-70 East, make a left instead of a right on Route 75, proceed about ½ mile and make a right on MD 144, you will see the gas stations and shopping centers on both sides of the about 200 yards ahead. Our first leg of the trip will be about 45 miles, you will be able to get Exxon gasoline at this pit stop.

Restaurant: Miyako Japanese Steakhouse

5500 Buckeystown Pike #615

Frederick, MD 21703

TEL: (301) 631-0331

The restaurant is located inside FSK Mall. When entering off of the Route 85 entrance, veer towards the right after the Shell gas station. Take the mall loop past the Sears and Value City. The mall entrance to the restaurant is right next to the Macy’s.

You have the option of attending the cruise and/or the lunch.

In the event of rain, the cruise will be cancelled, but not the lunch. Feel free to come up with your daily driver.

Please PM Me if you will be attending. Please specify number of people and whether you will be doing the cruise and lunch or just lunch

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now weather not looking so hot, I figure it will change prior to Sunday. Look for updates on this thread. A final decision will be made Saturday morning.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now weather not looking so hot, I figure it will change prior to Sunday. Look for updates on this thread. A final decision will be made Saturday morning.

Chance of rain Sunday according to the Weather Channel has gone from 40% to 10% last time I checked. Everyone do the Sunshine Dance!:dance::dance::sun:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..... Can't make it! Just too much going on at work (really!).. and lucky for me. I've discovered it's good to be the guy who knows where the bodies are buried... mmuuuahahaha!

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather not looking good. The rain pattern looks like it will take longer to come through our area. It may be in our best interests to move one week. I will check tomorrow morning and post update.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I intend to be there as well. First event in the Maryland/Virginia area. Moved here from SoCal. Heading up from Quantico if anyone wants to caravan with me.

Curtis
94 Red RT/10

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I intend to be there as well. First event in the Maryland/Virginia area. Moved here from SoCal. Heading up from Quantico if anyone wants to caravan with me.

Curtis
94 Red RT/10

welcome to VA! I plan to head up from Fairfax. Kelly, you heading up? Anyone else?

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you want to meet up near Fairfax then?

Curtis
94 Red Rt/10

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Kelly is coming. Give him a call to set up a carvan. Tom should be coming in as well.

Drummerboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I would love to try and make this event as it would be my first and last Viper cruise/event for the season! It just depends on how hungover I am in the AM - I'm counting on the extra hour's sleep to do the trick tonight!

Would be headed up from Lakeridge/Occoquan area, and would be willing (read - need to as I'll get lost out in MD)to meet up with any other Nova guys for the treck up to MD. Let me know where and when you Nova guys will be meeting up and I'll try to make it happen!

- Rob

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figger we could meet up at Ferrari of Washington and roll out through Leesburg (nicer drive but longer) or meet somewhere off the Beltway if we want to hit 495-270-70. Any thoughts?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all the NoVA guys, I'm meeting Tom and Baron at the Aston Martin dealership in Tysons Corner at 8:45-9:00 AM. Hope to see you there!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm there if it's done raining!

Excellent! If it's not done raining I'm driving anyway...weather.com says that by 11:00 in Frederick it's supposed to be sunny. This being the last scheduled driving event of the year, I'm not missing it unless it starts snowing!!! My car is a darn mess right now anyway....what's a little more road grime. :D :D :D

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I will be at the Aston Martin dealership. Windows and top on....:mad: The car has not melted in the rain yet.

Curtis
94 Red RT/10

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man it is raining cats and dogs here in Sterling!!!! The time is now 7:20 (after the clock change). I'll be leaving here in about an hour....hope it lets up.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mother Nature, did us in. Kelly and I are in the process of calling everyone who RSVP'd to notify the event is being postponed.

Hopefully we will have better weather next weekend.