What a DAY at Roe Racing

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well as I had posted previously on the prototype VEC 2 installed on my car on how well it ran Sean got some of the units in yesterday. Today he was doing some quality control testing on the units, wiring harnesses, and smart cards. He invited me over to once again install the VEC 2 on my car, except this time the actual unit. Sean gave me the instructions and all the parts and tools I would need to do the job. I had the unit installed all nicely wire tied and ready to go down the road in all of about 30 minuets. The car started right up I went down the road and it seemed as it was skipping, (never experienced this on the prototype unit). I changed the program with a different smart card that Sean had suppplied with the unit, and this time the card would not program the unit, I rechecked all my connections and then went to Sean for adivse. First he checked the program on the Smart cards and one was way out ( the one that would not program the box). Apparentely a defective Smart Card. After several hours of changing wiring harness, boxes , and then even putting the prototype back on my car STILL no go. The only thing different between today and last week with the prototype was where I was getting my power from, which was the old conncetion from my VEC 1. What we did then was to run directly to battery power, we tried again and well what do ya know it works. Sean crawled under the dash for me this time to check the connection that I had made and noticed that when I had installed my VEC 1 I used a bigger terminal and that it was a little loose well he recrimped the wire and we tired to wire that way again and sure enough it runs fine now. Just a clue to how important it is to have a secure connection for your power and ground connections. So now that we have the car running properly Sean is back at it testing every wiring harness, computer, and Smart Card and boxing them up to send out to everyone. This may take some extra time but he is definetley right in doing the quality control on all parts since they were not all manufactured by him, this way everyone should be happy when they get there VEC 2.

S

SUN RA KAT

I don't mind waiting some more for my VEC2 because Sean likes to do it right the first time. One of the reasons I went with Sean is that he goes the extra distance to make sure everything runs the way it's supposed to.

OP
OP
G

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny,

I don't think your wait will be much longer, and it is well worth the wait anyway.

S

SUN RA KAT

GONABITE -

I know it will.

("I don't think your wait will be much longer, and it is well worth the wait anyway.")