What are buyer's paying for their new Viper GTS?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's that FF SRT six speed worth? $30-$35k tops? Your posting...and quite condescendingly I might add...amongst people who's garages contain vehicles more expensive and varied than your own. Mine included. And mine is on the cheap side around here.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a buyer's Market. Only a few hundred left over cars remain. 40k off sticker is too good of a deal to pass up. If you're in the market go for it. As far as trade in value, it isn't high. But when is it ever? I bought my Maserati at the same time frame as the V and it had the same MSRP and lost the same amount in depreciation. But you don't see guys complaining about it on Maserati forums. It's crazy how people are so obsessed with the statistics of this car. How many sold, for how much etc. Who cares? Cars are depreciating assets. MP4-12C guys lost 100k in twelve months; and again no one is bitchin on McLaren forums. Imo V values have hit a wall. The sky isn't falling and it's not going down to zero. The longer you own it the better you make out, like any car. I'm 1.5 years in now and do not intend to sell or trade. And if I did, it wouldn't be a loss. The depreciated amount from purchase to trade or sale would be the price I paid to enjoy the car for the period of time I owned it. Even when you "make out" how great is it? Ford GT guys experienced their cars double in value. But over that decade they paid sales tax, insurance premiums, excise tax, fuel cost, maintenance etc. Do they need to pay capital gains tax if sold as a profit? Coming out ahead in the end for sure. But it's still a car. And cars are generally depreciating assets. Does losing half in one year blow? Of course. But that ain't happening to guys whom purchase for 40k off sticker now. If you pay 90k for a loaded GTS and drive it around the block and trade it in for 75k thereby losing 15k, I'd say that's pretty good. So stop complaining and take advantage of these deals. The racing program was cut, CAAP has been open ten days since April and the viper is on life support. Why kill it? Esp if you claim to love it? Put your money where your mouth is and support it. The ACR concept is incredible. Let's hope it can at least survive to make that model. Then it can go out on top. Instead of in the gutter, where lots of guys have placed it over the last two years. The fact that a no gen V bashing policy had to be implemented speaks volumes of the phenomenon.

BlackViper03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's that FF SRT six speed worth? $30-$35k tops? Your posting...and quite condescendingly I might add...amongst people who's garages contain vehicles more expensive and varied than your own. Mine included. And mine is on the cheap side around here.

Yeah right. Your opinion matters - not. You can't even spell properly. Spend a little more time trying to add to the conversation and less time trying to instigate an online argument. Not everything is about you and your little life. By trying to attack another person you have added nothing at all to the OP's question. We all know you paid too much for your car and now are trying to defend your mistake by attacking a person with another POV. The only thing you've said that is valid is your garage is on the cheap side. And by the way, if you are stating the number/type of cars sitting in one's garage affords them some sort of superiority, you have just slighted most people on this forum. So quit trying being a keyboard bully and go away.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nonsensical contribution - now slowly step away from the keyboard...

Nobody rattled your cage...until this post ^....and you are screaming "bully". Surely you realize with your great intellect that it is in fact you who is the bully. Or do you?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the post about Virgins. Us guys always want a ******, and your only a ****** Once.
We think our cars are ****, even the silhouettes are ****, Do you like the lines of a woman or
the lines of a man ? I'll take the lines of a woman every day over the lines of a man. So men
please keep thinking of our cars as women...PS..did you ever name your car after a guy?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Jon,

To put out statements like that do absolutely no good for the continuation of the Viper and have no basis in fact at all. Basing an offer on a car ( you do not state if it is a SRT or GTS or 13 or 14 ) and saying that 70-75 is what it will be worth is not responsible, since many of the major Dealers are offering more depending on model/etc. -- huge difference in a 2014 GTS trade and a base 2013 trade. Could one be offered in the 70s for a used Gen V, sure, but a blanket statement of no year or model is just inappropriate with no verification at all.
he's right though for now at least. Dealers don't seem to care that 40k in options on a GTS were ordered. They instead treat the trade values for models similarly. When I test drove the new Lamborghini they made it clear that they wouldnt even take the snake on trade at all. Hopefully they at least survive enough to make this ACR. Then they'd go out on top.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greedy dealers? I don't think they set the price, Dodge does. If they are trying to get sticker plus then yea maybe. These type of general comments always make me laugh and make
me want to ask, "what do you do for a living?" How come what you sell/market/make is not too much or greedy? And they usually have no answer, just the deer in the headlights
look. It's all relative and based on demand, right now the demand for the Gen 5 is low but a dealer trying to break even or not lose too much is just running his business, no
different than some of you.

Herc:usa:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously? A year and a half ago a local dealer had a launch edition listed for 165k. And he wasn't the only one.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of dealers on cars.com listing the MSRP at pre 15K Dodge rebate, no doubt to use in negotiations.
Very generous of them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These car will just sit there and depreciate by the day, just like they have been doing since they came out. Friggin shame

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile others are getting 50k off sticker. Lol. On the one hand I wish I waited but on the other I'll be going into my third summer with mine and I'm glad I was one of the first guys to enjoy it.