What are they worth????

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of the gold sparkle rear rims for sale. These are extremely rare as only 10 sets were ever made (3 R/T 10's and 7 GTS's). :eek: :eek:

I just listed them on eBay yesterday ( Gold Viper Rims ) and I already have an individual interested in buying them outright.

So - what do you guys think they are worth?? :confused:

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are the fronts? It it were me i dont think id want just two extremely rare rims, i would want the whole set. just curious, no flame intended.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense pal but I saw them on EBay before I saw your post here. That gold is gawdy - almost as bad as the mustard colored ones that came with some red vipers. I don't care for colored rims. As the dude in the above post said...what are you gonna do with two? - especially considering the fact that there are only a few sets ever made. Personally, I'd strip the gold paint and have them polished.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something doesn't look "right" with them. The gold looks too gold and a little dull, and they look like they were modified to be wider.

Maybe it's just the pics.

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something doesn't look "right" with them. The gold looks too gold and a little dull, and they look like they were modified to be wider.

Maybe it's just the pics.

Chuck,

Its just the pics - the lighting was off in my living room. Rims are stock and have not been modified.

I don't know where the fronts went - my GTS came with these and some Forgelines on the front. If anyone is interested in a set of front Forgelines they are also for sale.

Reaction score
Well, those look great for stockers. Marc Barbacano had one of them thar Vipers with the gold accents and it was cool....it is a poser thing Chuck! :)

Anyway....If I had a red Viper with gold accents I would definitely buy them just to stash away for when my son, or his son, is restoring dad's old sportscar! :)

If it was me, what would they be worth? Do you have center caps? They could be worth anywhere from $400 up to possibly $800. It all depends on how badly someone is looking for them...and sooner or later they will be!

FRANK!!!! Great to see you back around! :) Nice to be able to put a face to the name as well! I'm with you on the yellow wheels...not particularly my favorite, but the gold looked good IMHO (worth all of a penny). :) How much snow did you get??

Back to Anthony...are you gonna keep your car? The other side of the coin is that you find the fronts so you can put your car back to "stock" form. I'm a packrat myself, stashing stock replacement parts and the stock take-offs over my garage. :) I'll stop when I have a spare hood. :)

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well put it this way...when I stepped outside the snow was up well above my knees. We had drifts of about 30 inches here. ***** bad. Thank God I bought a 10 horsepower snowblower 3 years ago! That bad boy cuts a path through two foot plus snow like butter!

Meanwhile I had a five day weekend and cannot get out of my small development because it is under construction still and the plows can't come in because of raised manholes...the only people getting out are those with 4 wheel drive trucks.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well put it this way...when I stepped outside the snow was up well above my knees. We had drifts of about 30 inches here. ***** bad. Thank God I bought a 10 horsepower snowblower 3 years ago! That bad boy cuts a path through two foot plus snow like butter!

Meanwhile I had a five day weekend and cannot get out of my small development because it is under construction still and the plows can't come in because of raised manholes...the only people getting out are those with 4 wheel drive trucks.

Your signature says you've got a chopper..... is that a helicopter? If it is you should be the FIRST person out of your neighborhood!!!!

HAHAHA

Lance

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To someone who has one of the original cars a heck of a lot. Check the registry and contact the people who have the cars. The person who can use them to uphold the value of the car with OEM spares will pay the most.

Jeff

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To someone who has one of the original cars a heck of a lot. Check the registry and contact the people who have the cars. The person who can use them to uphold the value of the car with OEM spares will pay the most.

Jeff

I'm with Jeff, they are worth the most to the person who's gold package car they belong on.... yours? If so, you need to start looking for the other two wheels ;)

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff

I'm with Jeff, they are worth the most to the person who's gold package car they belong on.... yours? If so, you need to start looking for the other two wheels ;)

I agree!!! Mine is not one of the original gold package cars.

I have been contacted by two of the gold package owners. One, all the wheels were swapped by the previous owner and he's trying to get back to stock and the others rear rims are curbed and in bad shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi