What color stripes to put on Black RT?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting stripes on my '94 RT. If I do it I am probably leaning towards Silver stripes but I wouldn't mind seeing others pictures that may have done something else or something unique.

Please post your black (or dark colored) Viper with various colored stripes in this thread if you have a minute. Thanks.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen it but I wonder how a pair of white stripes would look? I remember seeing some old black GT-350 Shelby Mustangs with these and they looked great.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver stripes on black is a striking combo...would look great Patrick!

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver.......Of course I might be jaded
You must be registered for see images

cmfwaic

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing I forgot to think about that should have been obvious to me. With a Roadster and no hard top my stripes would only be on the hood and trunk. That would look fine with the top off but how does it look with a top on? This is probably a stupid question but were there any RT/10's made with stripes?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It'll look just fine...

Think of any convertible that has stripes...the stripes don't continue onto the top... they just "reappear" in the tail

Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing the same to my Black 94 someday. I was thinking of metallic gold or either a silver/green or silver/gold chromallusion. I like the width of the GTS much better than the smaller RT stripes.

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting them done like the concept 2003 GTS where the stripes really flare out, narrow in front and wider by the windshield. Ok, so I guess that means there is one thing other than the engine that I like about the 2003! No it's not the right size for my car, but I'm not overly concerned with keeping my car original, I'm more into uniqueness.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, there have been RTs with stripes :

the white with blue stripes '96 RT
the black with silver stripes '96 RT
the blue with white stripes '97 RT

I've had two of the above- I think RTs look best with stripes!

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Have some courage? Try a pearlized Hemi Orange! You can go to your nearest vinyl sign shop and bring home some free samples of different vinyl colors (used for decals, etc.) that you think would work. Lay them on your car in different light.

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That brings up another idea...Is there a material that would be removable and look good? My sister works at a graphic design place and they could make a standard mat and then mass produce various colors. Then we could change our stripes, so to speak, with whatever you felt like for that days driving. I suppose they might blow off at high speeds.

That reminds me of a funny story from last summer's drag days. A friend of mine with a Cobra has an Audio/Video chain and had a couple thousand bucks worth of decals made to advertise his stores. You guessed it, near the finish line on his first run you could see a dozen little plastic things go flying into the air! Apparently they aren't guaranteed to stick at 130 mph! The track officials weren't very impressed either...guess they hadn't noticed his decals.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hay Patrick, I think that I agree with Wayne and his black and red combo. I saw one of the cars at the Viper Days Finals this past year with that color combo and it looked mean. It's hard to go wrong, and I like the RT striped!!!

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought stripes were the way to go. A local owner of an auto body shop had his own idea. I was a bit skeptical because I had no real idea what he was up to. But was I surprised with the outcome.Sorry the photo is a bit cropped

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to think about this for a tenth of a nanosecond ......... ehh, OK, let's see, I'll pick, ehh, I've got it ...... silver.
Perhaps I'm partial, maybe I have a plain sense of color coordination. In any event, silver will look great and will not detract from the resale value of the car. I would go with Viper silver that was available in your model year or if necessary adjacent model years.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about gold stripes like a Shelby Mustang GT-350H? Or how about the paint that changes color? I saw that on a Cobra kit car..black with the "flip-flop" stripes..it sure was different.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 96 rt black silver stripes with solid black hardtop....looks great....white might be kool too....but with chrome wheels, the silver looks great , plus I have the Venzano seats with the silver snake in the center with the stripes to match the car....my favorite silver on black..

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My personal preference would be Silver (go figure
)
Here's a couple of pics and a link to others.

Greg's Black 96 with Silver stripes.

Click on the album name you want to see, click on the pic to enlarge it.
Rich's pics

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me have it for just 3 weeks! If you don't like it you don't pay!

.1 mileage added at the most-need just a little to move from one shop to the other. Check under the active thread, " DV II and Chromalusion answers" for some of our work. No top needed, but if you are thinking of one, now is the time before it gets a custom paint job.

On the serious side, if you are close to Central Ohio, stop in, we can show you hundreds of options.

DV
edit--> Oh-well, I just went back and looked at your location. But, if I can offer any technical advice just let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery