What do stock Vipers run in the 1/4?

NATE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can tell me what each year will run completely stock with good track/weather conditions. And if you could break it down by Year/and Model(GTS, RT10, ACR, and SRT10. If anyone has all of this info I would greatly appreciate it.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mentioned: "......completely stock with good track/weather conditions."
Now, those conditions at 5000 ft., i.e. Denver, probably wouldn't get out of the 14's. Same conditions at sea level as mentioned above -- high 11's to 13.
To many variables to satisfy your question.
Get one and have a ball !!
Later,

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will chime in for Gen II.

1996 - 2002 GTS or ACR --> 11.5/11.6 (120+/- MPH) - 12.5 (115+ MPH)
1997 - 2002 RT10 --> Basically the same. Maybe 1-2 MPH slower due to increase drag.

This is in a COMPLETELY OEM stock Viper. THIS MEANS STOCK TIRES, EXHAUST, FILTERS, etc... First timer's usually run mid 12's there first night at the track, after some practice they usually get the times down to 12 flat, and then the people who are regulars run 11's consistantly at a good track. Anytime in the 11's is considered very good, but people have run mid-11's at perfect track/weather.

SRT10 - Gen III

Well, it is to early to say, IMHO. But it seems the times are very similar to Gen II Vipers. No distinct advantage. Although, once the cars are broken in I'm sure we will see the times drop a bit....

*** These times are at 'normal' elevation.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the SRT's running in 1/4.
What about 0-60 gen-I Gen-II and SRT

2000 GTS Steel Grey
Six piston Bier claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters, Optima battery,

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im a first time rookie running the 1/4 mile and ran 13.023 at 115.56MPH while spinning the first 30' or so.

second try, got sideways after shifting from 1st-2nd.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My post above is not meant to discourage anyone that has not seen those times, but in a stock Gen II shifting at the right RPM (5800 give or take) and shifting quickly (no granny shifting allowed), and not excessively spinning the tires, these times are the norm. Basically, a clean run down the 1/4 at normal elevation. Smoking the tires, granny shifting, getting sideways, short shifting, etc... will place you in a higher time bracket, of course. I know, I know.... Easier said than done....

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Onerareviper,, I'm not totally stock but close.. Most the GTS' I run with are 12-12.2 cars..

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the R/T10s are not that much slower in MPH compared to the GTSs, despite the aerodynamic advantage, which does clearly show up in top speed.

The quickest magazine test of the Viper was a 2000 R/T10 at 11.77@120MPH, and the quickest mag test of the SRT-10 Viper (so far) is also 11.77, but at almost 124MPH.

12.2-12.5 at 115-118MPH is closer to average for Gen II Vipers, with the SRT-10s a bit quicker and a few MPH faster.

There is MUCH variation in the times relative to driver skill, temperature, and track prep.

-Dean.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone above posted a low range of 11.5-6 for stock?? ive "heard" of an 11.77 and thats an isolated case. my best stock run was 12.15 on pilots and i still have trouble duping it now that im in mod limbo (no longer stock but mods not yet worth bragging about). im by no means an expert but i do not think <11.7X is possible and if it is; no ones done it yet. if im wrong...educate me

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the R/T10s are not that much slower in MPH compared to the GTSs, despite the aerodynamic advantage, which does clearly show up in top speed.

The quickest magazine test of the Viper was a 2000 R/T10 at 11.77@120MPH, and the quickest mag test of the SRT-10 Viper (so far) is also 11.77, but at almost 124MPH.

12.2-12.5 at 115-118MPH is closer to average for Gen II Vipers, with the SRT-10s a bit quicker and a few MPH faster.

There is MUCH variation in the times relative to driver skill, temperature, and track prep.

-Dean.

I agree with Dean and think this would be the most accurate answer for you. :2tu:

Melting Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mentioned: "......completely stock with good track/weather conditions."
Now, those conditions at 5000 ft., i.e. Denver, probably wouldn't get out of the 14's.

More like mid 12's high 13's.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen with my own eyes a 11.59 with a 2001 Yellow GTS (Rob Logsdon, Oregon President) at PIR on street tires. He has Gears, Tubes and Filter. He also has a cat back. The rest of his car is stock.

Rob has serveral 11.7 to 11. 9's. He knows how to get off the line. 60' TIMES ARE THE KEY TO GOOD TIMES! He is in the 1.6 to 1.7 at 60' all the time. His car dyno'd with 2 less HP's than mine, but I can only muster a 12 flat.

A couple months ago we were at the track and an ACR was struggling to get out of the mid 12's. The driver had made serveral passes and asked Rob to make a pass. Rob (on the 1st and only pass) made an easy 12 flat car for him. Rob said he was taking it easy and that he felt the car (completly stock with everything on it that it left the factory with) was at least a 11.8 car.

What I'm trying to say is that the driver makes more of a difference than any else.

All stock gen 2 vipers are sub 12 cars with the right driver and track conditions.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob sounds like one hell of a driver. I no longer feel as good about my times. It does give me hope though that with drag radials I could manage much better ET's (would love 11.90's with just my mods) since launching should be less difficult.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with Pilots, But I'm running it again tonight.
Stand by for up date. :D Weather's cooling down and I've got a spare set of back tires :headbang:

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, and clean underwear. :smirk:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.8 at 113 mph with Pilots, But I'm running it again tonight.
Stand by for up date. Weather's cooling down and I've got a spare set of back tires

( lost my times in cyber space)

2000 GTS Steel Grey
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, and clean underwear.

Post Extras:      

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.8 at 113 mph with Pilots, But I'm running it again tonight.
Stand by for up date. Weather's cooling down and I've got a spare set of back tires

( lost my times in cyber space)
Let us know how you do, it did get cooler today where you and I live. Yesterday it was fuggen hot and humid, today I left for class in the morning and the compass thing in the truck said 71 degrees. Should be cool tonight also, you going to Moroso?

Good luck, and you better crank off a low 12 :headbang:

OP
OP
N

NATE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SC 5.4! You would'nt happen to drive an '03 Cobra do ya?
Oh wait. That's a 4.6
No, I have a Lightning right now that I am going to sell soon. I will get either a Cobra or a Viper, haven't really decided yet :confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960