What do you get with an ACR for $15K more?

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read something yesterday that said an ACR has K&Ns and smoothies from the factory. That pretty much accounts for the 10hp/tq difference. Since this is only about $150 mod, besides badging and 5 point belts, what does the extra $14850 (or whatever, because I can't price one out on dodge's web site) get you?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For $11,100 more you get a very trick suspension set-up; which entails Dynamic Suspensions remote reservior dual adjustable shocks and stiffer springs. This shock system,etc. is distributed by Carl Haas, Inc. ( Michael Andretti's old boss and Paul Neumans partner ) and has even more range of adjustment for compression and rebound than the previous Koni's. The front driving lights are removed and a plastic faceplate is installed. This is so folks can set up airducts for the brakes, but most feel it is ineffective to do this way. You do get smooth tubes, K&N's, 5 point harnesses, dash plaque, and decals. The $11,100 includes a/c and cd/stereo , as virtually none are ordered without adding back the comfort group - radio & A/C. Last, but not least, you get the ACR rims designed by BBS. They built 218 of these in 2000 and I believe 210 in 1999. Hope this is helpful.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's always a lot of discussion of whether the ACR is "worth" it or not. I think the real answer is, "it depends". It depends on what you plan to do with your Viper. If you plan to make it an all-out track machine, you'll probably want a stock GTS so that you don't mind swapping out the stock parts for higher performance custom parts. If you just want to putt around town and be seen, again go with the stock GTS.

But if you're like me and are in the used market with plans to do a hefty amount of track time (but not all-out race), the ACR is the way to go. A used ACR drops most of the $10K add-on in resale and you get a sweet package. Just go and add up the price of 4 BBS rims, 4 adjustable shocks (mine are Koni 2812s, the new ones are mega-sweet), and a set of springs. Then there are little changes like the increased oil pressure (different pump valve or something) and the routine of everyone asking you what the 'ACR' is all about
You must be registered for see images
I would say NOT to buy based on the fact the future resale might be higher - it has traditionally been higher but not $10K higher.

My $.02

- Mark ('99 ACR)