Warranty Up, Need advice on what mods to do next

JasonSSG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My warranty is up on my 2009 that I bought new in 2010, (SRT NOT an ACR). I have a couple track seasons under my belt and still have much more to learn before I feel that modding my car would really be needed to go any faster on the track. I'am however still interested in what are the best overall mods to do. I've been reading extensivly on the forum and to be honest Im kinda lost. So far the only mods Ive done are cosmetic. I did the Viper Specialty Performance UV dashlight mod which really looks great inside the car. I also swapped out the OEM foglights for 5k LEDS which really look much better. When Im on the track the only downfall I can find so far is the brakes. They seem to fade over repeated heavy braking. This winter I think Im going to upgrade to steel braided brake lines, and if the feedback I get is worthwhile I may consider going to 6 piston calipers or the ACR Stopteck break kit. I would like some feedback on what the best brake combo people have found out there (ie. braided lines, calipers, rotors, ect).

Next is horsepower, I would really like to switch up the exhaust to something more throaty and loud but nothing obnoxious. About 40% louder than stock but nothing so loud that I can't hear myself think or has a droning sound. Assuming cost is no option I'm also wondering what titanium options are available to in terms of saving weight. Im open to just about any combo (headers, cat back, ect) Im also curious as to what the most possible horsepower can be gained from an aftermarket setup too. I know the Mopar ECU setup to helps but Im on the fence as to weather its worth the $$.

I'll be tracking my car the rest of the summer so Im hoping that going into this winter I'll know what to do

Cars also a big hit at the tack too:

You must be registered for see images attach

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if u didn't mention (droning ) sound, I would recommend belanger full system,

but if u are looking for a nice loud go for american racing headers with 3'' borla cat back ( or as they call it ACR-X cat back ) also the ARH is ACR-X headers

I believe it is a nice comb mod, it is like what I am currently running, except that I am running a 2.5'' borla not the 3'', which I found that it is not that loud so I am going to replace my cats with a catless pipes.

and I would recommend u to keep your factory intake box, don't go for k&n typhoon dual intake.

the Mopar PCM has many advantages: it will improve your throttle response and feel, it will eliminate the 1-4 skip shift and for sure increase in HP and so many features.

u can ask Mark ( woodhouse motorsport ) for the PCM, very nice guy to deal with, I bought 3 PCMs from him.

but I am not sure if with this mod u will be able to pass the emission test, and if they will keep your warranty ?!

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not much help, but the Belanger exhaust sounds awesome in person. It sound really mean. Aluminum and titanium is about the same weight. Also, love the picture.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want a deep sound no one has it like our M&M Performance full exhaust set up. Our cars were performing very well at the Hastings events.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no need to go to 6 piston brakes on a gen 3 or 4 car. there is so much out there in the way of of brake pad compounds, you will be able to stop on a dime and give change.

If you are doing serious track time, there are compounds form Hawk, Porterfield, Mintex, Performance Friction that will make all of the difference in the world.

Also stick with your one piece rotors. The real race pads are pretty aggressive on the rotor surfaces. The 2 piece rotors from Dodge (i.e.Stop Tech) although much lighter than the one piece, wear out considerably faster than the one piece rotors. I have the parts to prove it. Don't let those who say the weight savings are more important fool you.

Get your driving skill down first before you start sticking money into the car to go faster. I would venture a guess that you arent close to using the car to its full potential.

I would also talk to the rest of us in the club to get some advice. There are many of us that are really and truly FAST without a ton of mods.

We will be at Maywood this Saturday. go to the club site for times and the address.

Steve A.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no need to go to 6 piston brakes on a gen 3 or 4 car. there is so much out there in the way of of brake pad compounds, you will be able to stop on a dime and give change.

If you are doing serious track time, there are compounds form Hawk, Porterfield, Mintex, Performance Friction that will make all of the difference in the world.

Also stick with your one piece rotors. The real race pads are pretty aggressive on the rotor surfaces. The 2 piece rotors from Dodge (i.e.Stop Tech) although much lighter than the one piece, wear out considerably faster than the one piece rotors. I have the parts to prove it. Don't let those who say the weight savings are more important fool you.

Get your driving skill down first before you start sticking money into the car to go faster. I would venture a guess that you arent close to using the car to its full potential.

I would also talk to the rest of us in the club to get some advice. There are many of us that are really and truly FAST without a ton of mods.

We will be at Maywood this Saturday. go to the club site for times and the address.

Steve A.

+1

You might also want to go to a high-temp. Brake Fluid to address the fade issue--Castrol SRF, Motul, etc.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty up?! And here I am still covered until Nov 2019. I can only hope I still have the car then! :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187