What is a Gen 1 soft top / windows worth?

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling mine because I'm going a different way and was wondering what is fair for something like this? Should you keep the top separate from the windows or as a package including the rear window? I checked ebay and it seems all over the place. Alternatively does it make my car worth more to have the original top/windows? If it is a big no no to sell it then I'll keep them. It just seems silly to me to hold on to these items when I'm doing a different top configuration and these are in excellent condition and could go to someone that would actually use them. Thanks for any advice.

Danconyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you located? What is the condition of the top and windows?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off Year Matters...What year is your GEN 1 ? Do you have any detailed pix's you can send me ?

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in Louisville, KY. The top is in excellent condition, used only a few times to see what it looked like and when we had a chilly snap a few springs ago and I wanted to take it out for a drive. The side windows have been used the same amount but the clear plastic has some marring, always has, I think they just do that? Back window is excellent as well. The car is a 94. Just was wondering value of a set like this and if it hurts the value of my car to get rid of it all. I just don't use it and it is always stored in my man cave doing nothing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did some more looking on ebay "completed" auctions and it seems only one has sold for 1150 and that was just the top, no windows. Should I sell as a complete set or individual does anyone know what would be best? On ebay they are asking from 1000-1500 just for the tops so would a whole set complete with windows sell quick at say 1500 or is that dreaming? Just need to know where to start the auction at so it will sell, thanks for any help.

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd say if you don’t need the money keep the top and windows . I think this will be a plus later on in case you want to sell the car.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, the most you'd get is maybe $1000 for the top and curtains. Keep them with the car. What I can't figure out is why you would sell your rear glass window. Are you replacing the whole skycap?