What is my 97' GTS Blue/White worth?

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am getting ready to sell my Blue and White. It is a very clean car with 27k miles on it. It has had some small prior damage in the right rear but does have a clean title. I know the market is funny now and I am going to be looking for a fast sale. What is a guy to ask?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How small is "small damage"?
Would a carfax show the small damage on it?

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Assuming the damage is fixed properly, no frame damage, and no mods...I would say you should ask $45K for a quick sale. It could be worth more if you waited till the spring. Can't you keep and sell a kidney or lung...:omg: :D

OP
OP
M

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Car fax will show. I just replaced the rear quarter, wheel, valance, and glass. I have drove the car for 10k miles after and have not had any issues. Looks great too.

OP
OP
M

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would sell a kidny or lung but I need the garage space. Have 3 Vipers in there now and a 4th on the way. Wife would like to park in there this winter.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im going to say 40K quickly because of miles and damage, but 45K if you are willing to wait till spring since the B/W seems to hold value pretty well. Im actually going to put my GTS up for sale next week, so I have been watching the classifieds for a month now trying to decide where to price mine, although Im not in a hurry. Being in a hurry could cost you about 5K.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sell a kidny or lung but I need the garage space. Have 3 Vipers in there now and a 4th on the way. Wife would like to park in there this winter.

Post pictures of the car. Post pictures of the wife (along with a list of any mods). Open bidding for both. See what happens. You may be able to keep the Viper afterall!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be worth 45K easy without the damage report, that's going to hurt you some.

T.C.z.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are essentially two different types of Vipers for sale... Vipers that are "For Sale," and Vipers that people actually want to sell. When I looked for my Viper a few months ago, I was able to find 4 GTS's in the midwest with comparable miles for the high $30K's. That said, the B/W color does add some value, but I'd still say $39K for a quick sale.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At $39K it should/would be gone quick. That is a great deal for the buyer. $43K should move it in about a 10 week period. But you could possibly get more.

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car fax will show. I just replaced the rear quarter, wheel, valance, and glass. I have drove the car for 10k miles after and have not had any issues. Looks great too.
97' B/W GTS's brings the most money, I'd say close to $50K if your example was near mint with no stories...however, becuase of the documented damage...~$44K.

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another note...

mbccenter, how much was the paint job on your orange GTS? It looks really suuuu-wwwhheeaaatttt. Would you mind posting some other pics of it? (include wife pics if you desire)

OP
OP
M

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am going to list it for $36,500.00 for a quick no B.S. sale. I will post a add here in the classifieds. Thanks for all you input. This should ba a steal for someone on a very nice GTS.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you should hold it for about a year and a half and then sell it to me :D

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to list it for $36,500.00 for a quick no B.S. sale. I will post a add here in the classifieds. Thanks for all you input. This should ba a steal for someone on a very nice GTS.
WOW...what deals the winter brings... :omg:

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're overflowing with Vipers?
You must have some pretty special ones if you're dumping a B/W Gts.

I love that school bus yellow with the white stripes BTW.

OP
OP
M

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you post it for sale yet?I have a friend looking.

I have not had a chance to get it on the site yet, I have been sending a lot of info and pics already. Just get me his e-mail and I can send some info.

OP
OP
M

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love that school bus yellow with the white stripes BTW.[/quote]

Ya I cant get a camera to take a picture of how the car realy looks. Every time it just looks dull orange or gold.

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$36.500 now that is unbelievable :omg: :omg: :omg:

Man if I only had a bit of spare cash I would have my second b/w 97 gts!!!

One lucky guy who ends up with that deal!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets