What is the best fuel stabilizer & where do I get it?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to put my toys away for the season, and I need to know what you fuel stabilizer might have had good luck with. I didn't know if there was anything better than "off the shelf" pep-boys stuff? I'd hate to think of new fuel injectors this spring. Thanks.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi.
Gasolines from all majors and most regional brands have enough additive to prevent any kind of deterioration over a time as short as 6 months. Fuel stabilizer is not needed. Keeping your fuel tank full will help keep moisture from accumulating.

If you have the chance, changing to a low viscosity oil (for when you restart in the spring) is a good choice because it will pump quicker - less click and clack when it fires up.

Sam Vipeme Brasile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't worry about putting any additives in your gas, just keep the tank full of gas, and don't start your engine till you're ready to tkae the car back out. I live in michigan and this works for me for spring time start up, have experienced no problems

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a related note, I'm also storing my car for the winter and I want to make sure that it is better to let the car sit for 4-5 months than it is to start it every 2 weeks and drive it around in circles for a few minutes. I'm worried about the tires and other rubber parts aging, etc. Does anyone have a reputable checklist of things to do when putting up a car for the winter?

A