WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SET OF WINDOWS?

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From others' experiences I think both sets are very good.

The Northwind is good if you want a slider window with good visibility and some security as it has a lock. I have seen it mentioned once that the ease of sliding the window deteriorated, but most seem to be happy with them.

Similarly, V-Mania receives high praise. However, I don't believe their vented window has any sort of lock for security.

I think the coolest option for a roadster would be the no-vent V-Mania windows with door pops.

Matt

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 94, I have the no vent V-Mania's. Basically, it is a hassle to not have windows, but the novelty is a cool thing (that is what I try to tell myself
You must be registered for see images
). I do really like them and as Matt mentioned, I have the electric door pops - those are really cool!

Plus, Biff at V-Mania is really a nice guy - had to contact him when I lost a screw for one of my windows and he sent me several promptly and at no charge!!!

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both Vmania and Northwind. I would recommend Northwind if you don't have A/C. You really need the airflow. However I could never get the Northwind to quit leaking.

On the other hand Vmania windows look better and seal better. Plus Biff will go out of his way to help you if there are problems. Heaven help ya if ya don't have a/c.

TheLotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Northwinds because I needed at least the 50% opening they give you. Yes mine did leak but I did find ways to seal them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32