What Is The Weather Like In Roanoke Around Thanksgiving?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be in VA for the first time this year for Thanksgiving and a wedding but I am not sure what the weather is like. I have done some research on weather.com and such but there are some differences. What should I expect? Snow? Rain? Just cold? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to drive the Viper.

Thanking you in advance

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold I do not mind, snow scares me. Thanks for the info!!! Figure I would stop at Roanoke Dodge for some Viper entertainment.

We do our Fall Cruise around the Staunton area. There has been snow by 3rd week of October in the area. I wouldn't chance it around Thanksgiving. Most of the back roads have cinders put down for traction. They can reek havoc on your side sills.

BTW, While there probably is a Roanoke Dodge, the Roanoke Dodge that sells considerable Vipers is in Illinois, not Virginia.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live near Roanoke and current weather is about 37 F in the morning warming up to 60+F in the day. After mid November, you will see some freezing conditions and the possibility of snow, but could see warm weather on occasions. I would think the weather would have to be warmer than what you have in NY. Check weather.com about 5 days before you drive in to make sure you will not run into any snow. I don't think I would travel locally that time of year in my Viper due to the chemicals they put on the road for snow and ice.