What Mufflers are you using with your SUPERCHARGED Viper?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What mufflers are you using with your SUPERCHARGED Viper and how long have you had them on so far? I am particularly interested in hearing from those of you with superchargers, high flow cats and the 3" Corsa Cat Back system or equivalent. How have the mufflers held up? I am curious as to whether the increased air flow and heat has any affect on the useful life of the mufflers. I know we have some mechanical engineer Viper owners out there - jump in and tell us what you think. Thanks.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
B&B and a supercharger is not going to have a high impact on the muffler system..unless your EGT are high from running too rich or lean. Nothing to worry about

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, all Vipers with superchargers are going to run richer than stock - particularly when boost is used. If richness is a factor, wouldn't all supercharged Vipers that are frequently used as opposed to garage queens have a shortened muffler life? Come on muffler techs - jump in and give us the 411.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think one of the best set ups if you don't have to worry about emissions is headers, no cats, no crossover. I'm very happy with Belanger headers, custom exhaust and tips. I did a lot of research and listened to a bunch of Viper exhausts before making a final deicsion. My muffler is twice as long as a normal one which dampens the sound so its not so obnoxious. However, it is loud and very distinctive. During Viper days I was told that you could turn around away from the track and when I came by at 140 mph everyone knew it was my car and there were over 70 Vipers there. My advice since you are in Miami is to go see Doug Levin. He usually has a dozen Vipers in his shop that he is putting a supercharger on and you can listen to what the different exhausts sound like.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Belanger exhaust, and running 2 extra mufflers where the cats where (behind the side sills), using the Borla 3" XR-1 mufflers. they did a great job in reducing the sound.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your posts Maverick and Mash. My Viper is a daily driver and removing the cats is not possible. I would really like to hear from those of you who have superchargers, high flow cats and the 3" Corsa cat back. What mufflers are you using? Did you stay with the stock Corsa mufflers?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have High Flow Cats, corsa track side exhaust system on mine with a Supercharger aprox 700rwhp

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I have Belenger Headers, 3" Corsa Cat Back, and just purchased Moroso Spiral Flow Racing Mufflers in place of the cats. They were recommended by 1Tony1. I think they are going to work out well because they have very low back pressure. They are an all metal muffler. This should keep it toned down without back pressure. Just an idea, and I will know how it works soon.
Good Luck,
Alan

Ted Bigham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Belanger exhaust, and running 2 extra mufflers where the cats where (behind the side sills), using the Borla 3" XR-1 mufflers. they did a great job in reducing the sound.

Did you ever run the Belanger exhaust with just the 2 mufflers? That's what I have now and it a bit too obnoxious. I was considering adding a 2 extras as well and would like to know the relative difference.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you ever run the Belanger exhaust with just the 2 mufflers? That's what I have now and it a bit too obnoxious. I was considering adding a 2 extras as well and would like to know the relative difference.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, i ran it for a year, with just the 2 mufflers, i would have a hard time even talking on a cell phone if i was driving. it was way too loud.
After i added the 2 extra mufflers, car sounds much better. Deeper sounding, yet much much quieter and more livable.
I got the XR1s from Summit, but i think Roe Racing sells them also.

Ted Bigham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you remember the model number of the XR1s you used? That's apparently the name for the whole line not just one specific type.

carl B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8022DSCF1515-med.JPG

So much better

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte