What The Heck Jon B./Partsrack

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where the heck do you find the time to be as supportive and helpful as you are! For all of you guys & gals in Viper Land let me tell you a story. I recently lost my 1997 B/W GTS in an accident which ended up being totalled. The original offer from my insurance company was $40,000.00 for a 21000 mile car with not so much as a paint chip. If it wasn't for two people, the other to be mentioned in my next post, this ordeal would have been a disaster. Jon B. stepped up and provided me with the documentation supporting the value of this car which was pivital in the insurance company's decision on the final figure. It doesn't end there. Jon B. was the first to contact me with support and an offer to purchase the salvaged vehicle. As soon as the paperwork was completed a check shows up for the car as promised. Talk about integrity. Jon B. , you have a customer for life and hopefully others will realize what an asset you are to the Viper community. P.S: For all of you that think Jon is just plain old grumpy (especially Monday mornings) he's just the busiest guy we have supporting our hobby. Jon, when do you sleep?

Thanks My Friend
Dwight

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monday mornings is when I get my BEST deals from that grumpy old bast$rd!
"Grumpy Monday Specials" can't be beat!

LOL!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke with JonB this morning. He was in a great mood.
Thanks for all your help.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where the heck do you find the time to be as supportive and helpful as you are! For all of you guys & gals in Viper Land let me tell you a story. I recently lost my 1997 B/W GTS in an accident which ended up being totalled. The original offer from my insurance company was $40,000.00 for a 21000 mile car with not so much as a paint chip. If it wasn't for two people, the other to be mentioned in my next post, this ordeal would have been a disaster. Jon B. stepped up and provided me with the documentation supporting the value of this car which was pivital in the insurance company's decision on the final figure. It doesn't end there. Jon B. was the first to contact me with support and an offer to purchase the salvaged vehicle. As soon as the paperwork was completed a check shows up for the car as promised. Talk about integrity. Jon B. , you have a customer for life and hopefully others will realize what an asset you are to the Viper community. P.S: For all of you that think Jon is just plain old grumpy (especially Monday mornings) he's just the busiest guy we have supporting our hobby. Jon, when do you sleep?

Thanks My Friend
Dwight

he got $40,000.01 j/k

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been 3 or 4 positive Jon B. posts in a row. Isn't it time for someone to call Jon, get yelled at, and come here looking for sympathy? Thats why I e-mail Jon, atleast if he's yelling at me, its harder to tell :D

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9727P1150089-med.JPG

How did it get crashed?

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm... its funny that everyone talks about how great the guy is... but then they talk about how grumpy and mean he is...
He then gets praised for buying a salvaged car, not because he is helping you out, but because he is making money on it!!!
I am one of those people that believe in Customer Support.. such as the folks at Roe Racing...
Jon B has no idea what customer support is... He is there to make money, rush you off the phone, and GOD FORBID if the part is messed up or defective upon delivery you just might hear this.. " I just SELL them, I don't support or know the technical side to it so I don't know what to tell you, except that you can't return it to me!!"

wow... thats a way to treat someone when they have spent over 6k with ya and referred 2 other people that spent close to 10k!!!
:rolleyes:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 Posts before a BASH...JonB at least you made it into Tuesday. I want to thank you for your support & your vast knowledge of Vipers.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear Jon B must invent these posts to keep his name out in the public eye, it's like clockwork.... :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm... its funny that everyone talks about how great the guy is... but then they talk about how grumpy and mean he is...
He then gets praised for buying a salvaged car, not because he is helping you out, but because he is making money on it!!!
I am one of those people that believe in Customer Support.. such as the folks at Roe Racing...
Jon B has no idea what customer support is... He is there to make money, rush you off the phone, and GOD FORBID if the part is messed up or defective upon delivery you just might hear this.. " I just SELL them, I don't support or know the technical side to it so I don't know what to tell you, except that you can't return it to me!!"

wow... thats a way to treat someone when they have spent over 6k with ya and referred 2 other people that spent close to 10k!!!
:rolleyes:

Yes, Jon is in business to make money. Who isn't?? The difference is Jon does it without Viper taxing us to death. The sometime abrupt attitude is more than outweighed with the knowledge of Vipers he shares and the low prices he sells his stuff for.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya I delt with JonB twice. The first time I called I wanted to get some info on what exhaust to buy. He told me Corsa is very good and many viper owners are fond of the product. All I asked was one question and he's pushing me for my credit card number, I was like whoo, whats the price on that system, first of all and what other options do you have.

JonB" Can you hold for a second"

Me"shure"

2-3 minutes

JonB" I also carry random tech thats cheaper, and people seem to like it"

Me"Ok So whats the price of the Random tech and how's it sound compared to the corsa"

JonB" It's a deeper sound compared to the corsa"

Me" Well ok whats the price"

Jonb" I'm going to need your credit card number, Your ready to buy right"

Me" yes but I don't even know what the price of either system is yet"

JonB" Ok visa or master card"

Me thinking( what the heck man give me the price) I wanted the corsa, but wanted to know a little info from the great source himself to enhance my opinion of what I already had heard of Corsa systems, but it was like pulling teeth and made me feel like an idiot. So I give him my card number and he tells me the price and I'll get it in a 4-5 days.

Me " great thanks" (He made my whole experience feel like crap and like I was being roped into something that I didn't want anymore, but really wanted before our conversation.)

This was my first experience with him and here comes my last>

I posted on here about a month ago about tires for my car, but wasn't shure about which ones, Kumhos, bfgoodrich, sport cups, ps2's, I needed them for street use and a little drag strip use. Guess who emails me, thats right JonB's email reads "Call me about the real TIRE TRUTH". So I call

JonB "Parts rack this jon"

Me "Hey Jon, this is so and so are you the one that posts on the Viperclub"

Jonb "No hardly ever, what can I help you with"

Me "Well I posted on there about tires and u emailed me to call you"

Jonb "ok what can I get for you"

Me "I need to know what tires to get for mostly street use and a little drag strip time , maybe 6-8 times a year and I average about 3-4 thousand miles a year"

JonB "You need the cups"

Me "ok how much"

Jonb"ok around $0,000.00" "I got you in my files do you wan't to use the same card"

Me "well I'm just calling you, because you asked me to about tire info and the price"

Jonb "are you ready to buy or not"

Me "Um well yes shortly, I'll probably get tires this month"

Jonb "haha ooo I thought you were ready to order, I was going to give you a discounted price"

Me "OOYA whats that price"

Jonb "u just said you aren't ready"

Me "well if your giving me some outstanding price lets here it and i'll give you my info"

Jonb "Well I was going to, but you said you weren't ready"

Me "OOO ok I see"

Jonb "you give me a call back when your ready"

Me "ya ok"

I will never call him again, There are tons of other people that sell the same things as he does for the same or less, I do not need to deal with a low life piece of [*****] like him, push push push, gimme gimme gimme. Why he would have any comback business or any business at all I will never know, but I know this, he will never get my business again !!!!!

Reaction score
Somehow....I think you are oversimplifying the conversation, skewed a bit toward your side of things.

Sadly...I've had the same type of conversation with Jon, but I wouldn't state it like you did. Simply put...it was MATTER OF FACT business. I'll take your story (and short time around here) with a grain of salt....as I do Jon.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUICKV10, that doesn't sounds skewed to me...that is the exact way I felt. "push push push, gimme gimme gimme"

I've spent some dough with the guy..last week I ordered a set of o2 sims for my 04 srt-10. I got them and noticed on box it stated that they will not work on 2004+ vehicles.

I called Jon and asked him about it, he said they will work. So I plugged them in. Low and behold I immediately get a check engine light. Put the original o2 sensors back in, no code.

I e-mailed him and asked to return the faulty o2 sims, he told me they do not loan out electrical items to try out. The problem must be with my car.

I bought them expecting them to work in my application. They don't and he told me they would, what did I do wrong?

I told him I'm done with Parts Rack, there are other places to buy stuff.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
While I have had some course conversations with the man,
JonB has always treated me fairly and provided excellent
advice. Also, as the only vendor to fully honor his
obligations to the CC raffle he also has my respect.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't post my experience for anyone to agree or disagree with me, I just stated my experience in facts and the bad feeling I get from it.

Maybe he's the nicest guy in the world to some and goes on about a product in detail to others, but i really don't give a S&$T, Because with this experience I had,I've found many other people with the same products that make me feel good about my purchase.

You guys supporting him, go ahead and keep ordering your viper goodes from him, I'm not trying to tell you otherwise.

And I've been watching this site for almost three years now, and yes just recently in febuary I became a member. If I'm too new for you to believe me, Well then, like I said before, I DON'T GIVE A [*****], it is what it is.

Reaction score
Another typical unknown person who has to throw around foul language and "&$*^$ *&T(*&%(% (*^^%(
&#^(^^$^" just to get his point across. :( How you carry yourself, sir, says alot about how much attention anyone should pay you....doesn't matter if you're talking about JonB or the Queen of England.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok I'll start using the word POOO in place of my naughty word, would that satisfy you Vmad. u summed it up pretty good calling me a unknown, yet I don't know you from Adam, So there ya go

Reaction score
Oh POOOOOOO.....now Adam is here! :)

No worries QUICK...everyone has their opinions (as you can see, I do :) ).

I just find it hard to bellieve it was THAT skewed (the phone calls)....but if that is how you took it, then that was how it was for you.

Thankfully, we have a good number of choices for vendors. It is hard (darn impossible) for one person/vendor to please everyone. Gotta go with what works for you. My only thought (last thought) is that I don't think it is a good move to slam a vendor too badly here. You never know when you might need to go to them for help (trust me...IF, GOD forbid, you EVER wreck your Viper.....you'll WANT Jon on your side!!!!!). :)

Adam....uh....thanks for stopping by! :)

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this thread will get Jon B p.o. enough to provide an extra special discount on a wheel/tire package. What an opportunist I am. LOL

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one interaction I've had with Jon was when he called my house in response to an email my wife had sent him about some products she ordered for my birthday. I happened to answer the phone, and during our conversation I mentioned that I have a 7 year old son who is a car nut like me. About 3 days later, a bunch of Viper toys (all bumblebee scheme like my ACR) showed up on my doorstep, preceding the order my wife had placed by one or two days. He was really pleasant on the phone. Never knew he had a 'grumpy side' to him. Maybe I'll run into it when I order my Corsa and Random-tech cats here in the next few days, though it sounds like I should hope I don't! :laugh:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon has always been nice to me over the phone, and a few of those phone calls I didn't even order anything. One time, I was actually talking to him about a prize DONATION for the VCA website monthly giveaway. He donated a $250 giftcard even though I told him my limit was $200!

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only ordered one very inexpensive part for Jon B, but WOW the way he treated me you would think i was placing an order for thousands$$$$$$$$. He gave me so much of his time and more information than any one man should rightfully know, let alone care to pass on!! In fact i meant to make a thread just like this to thank him and Chuk Tator for all the info and time they both gave me on the phone.