What will my 94' RT/10 do 0-60? (stock)

Reaction score
What will my 94\' RT/10 do 0-60? (stock)

Also, what is the easiest and least expensive way to add some more output without getting mechanical...K&N's???

Thanks,

Rollo

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What will my 94\' RT/10 do 0-60? (stock)

4.6 secs are the figures quoted.
Hiflow filter/smooth tubes add a few hp.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Thanks for the info...please explain what 'smooth tubes' are. Also, approx. cost and where to get. Installation?
I am new at this!

Also, K&N air filter(s?) right? I have one on my 5.0L, but want to make sure that is what you are referring to-

Thanks,

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The K&Ns (you will need 2 of them) will run you anywhere from $75 - $85 per pair and the smooth tubes will cost about the same. You can install both products yourself. You should pick up about 10 hp. Your 0-60 time should be around 4.6 seconds. Good luck.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made my own smooth tubes from a very stiff and smooth marine tubing. Worked great, cost = about $3!

Just take off the old intake tubing (and the baffle box) and replace the tubes with something that is stiff enough to hold it's shape under the suction pressure and is very smooth inside. You can buy them, but all they are is stiff tubes that someone else cut. Don't put that box underneath the tubes back on, just remove it entirely. Your car will probably be a little jerky at first (the baffle box absorbs some of the pressure changes that cause this) but as your computer learns over the next 500 miles or so it will correct. You may not feel a huge horsepower difference but you will probably feel a snappier response in the throttle.

Once you've done this I would recommend changing the exhaust. My two cents is to get a couple high-flow mufflers that fit and have the stock ones cut out and replaced. Mufflers aren't much more than K&N filters. Not only will it sound a lot better you will notice this horsepower change! I have to get mine dyno'd but I think the new exhaust gave me well over 30 HP more. Just a guess though. You could cut out the cats and have high flow bullet cats put in too but with both changed it will be very loud and the cats don't remove as much back pressure as replacing the mufflers does.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Patrick-

I can't do all that and still pass California SMOG tests, right?

Thanks for your advice everyone-

Rollo

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rollo,

I agree with Patrick. You should be fine with emissions as long as you leave the cats. I deleted my mufflers and tried that for about 5 months before adding a Borla cat-back on my car. The sound is much deeper and quieter than deleted mufflers!!

For performance numbers, see my 1/01 post under the dyno section. I gained about 40 RWHP by adding K&N's, smoothies, and removing the mufflers (very nice bang for the buck!!)

Let me know if I can help you.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Thanks Kurt-

I am going to "break myself in" on the vehicle first, then look to add a little probably. Now I know right where to find helpful tips!

40 h.p. sounds great!

Rollo

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

20% UNNOTICEABLE?? LOL!!! That would be nearly 80 to 90 HP on the Viper... These aren't Z28's!

Besides that, ANY HP increase is worth it, they all add up. 10% is nearly 40HP for the Viper, and yes, it's noticeable.

Gerald

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4