What's it worth?

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their is a 2008 Viper vert in orange on ebay, item #250536058348! Does anyone have a good idea as to the value of this car as well as anyone knowing the car at all? I personally think low to mid 60's, am I close?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TaxiMan usualy knows his stuff but I will tell you that you are not that far off. What happens every winter is price drop a little but and as you can tell there is lots of inventory so asking prices right now are a little high. I would say that high $50s is pretty on par. Best of luck! That car looks great!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TaxiMan usualy knows his stuff but I will tell you that you are not that far off. What happens every winter is price drop a little but and as you can tell there is lots of inventory so asking prices right now are a little high. I would say that high $50s is pretty on par. Best of luck! That car looks great!

I agree with you... but I will say this.. There was a very small window back in Jan.- April(Maybe May) of 2009 where it seemed like new 2008's were selling for around that "magic" $65k number (or less) all day long. Because of the dealer cash situation.

That window is now closed, and has been for some time. Now, I'm not saying they are worth MORE now. But I am saying that, the inventory of fire sale cars HAS dried up. Which might just send pricing higher, if demand is still there. ESPECIALLY if its a hot color. COLOR IS HUGE on these cars!!!

Take it, for what its worth..

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you TaxiMan. Those fire sales did hurt values at the beginning of the year and once things got better, prices went up over the summer with 08s being had in the mid to high $60s for the most part. The only reason for the recent drops are due to the cold weather coming, but that happens every year. As of now there are not TONS of cars under $60K but there are a few. If you check autotrader there are about 3 or 4, even a SSG! I was shocked to see that personally. Like TaxiMan said, it depends on Color of course, and also if it is a Coupe or Convertible, Stripes or no stripes, and nav or no nav. From what I have seen the importantance tends to be in that order.

Now on this particular car at this particular dealership, I would be shocked if that car could be had for $65K. They have had it for a while and the price has not really changed much so I think they are sticking firm. Maybe you can get lucky? For what it is worth, that color combo is great. It is nice and also rare to see a Orange Vert with a full black interior. I just think that the Cognac and Gray interiors just don't work well on Orange.

Last edited:

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid mid 60's for mine with well under 1K miles a few months ago...and never looked back. It's also the VVO color.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid mid 60's for mine with well under 1K miles a few months ago...and never looked back. It's also the VVO color.

I bet you either bought one of the 4 Orange Coupes (2 with no stripes, 2 with Black Stripes) or the Vert with Cognac interior. :dunno: Orange comes up rarely so I have noticed a few over the year. I think I really need another car soon!!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car isn't worth more than 58-60 imo. Not this time of year, not with dealers hurting and this economy

Its the buyers time to get over on these dealers. Especially the bad ones. (Sorry bill p)

A lot of sellers are hurting and I feel for them. But most of them shouldn't have bought the car to begin with.

And Screw the dealers every chance you can get. They've been doing it to you for years... Karma is a *****

If I was selling my car now, I'd be getting slammed and that's fine. But I also wouldn't price it anywhere near some of these guys pricing their cars.

Cash is king ! Take advantage of it if you have it to spend.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tossed as to what to do! I currently own a GT3 so I have a tracker when I want one but with all the news about 2010 being the last year I'm thinking I should wait and get either a vert or an ACR then, in orange of course. All of your comments here are very helpful, keep 'em coming!!! I really do like the orange vert though!!

Attachments

• IMG_5101.JPG
    IMG_5101.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 15

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think getting an 08 under 60 is a rare occurence unless it is a beat on dog in an undesirable color. I have been approached 3 times now by forum members interested in buying my car (ssg-white stripes). I think getting 65 for a low mileage good condition 08 in any color would be easy. I think the more desirable colors will bring a good bit more than that.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car isn't worth more than 58-60 imo. Not this time of year, not with dealers hurting and this economy

Its the buyers time to get over on these dealers. Especially the bad ones. (Sorry bill p)

A lot of sellers are hurting and I feel for them. But most of them shouldn't have bought the car to begin with.

And Screw the dealers every chance you can get. They've been doing it to you for years... Karma is a *****

If I was selling my car now, I'd be getting slammed and that's fine. But I also wouldn't price it anywhere near some of these guys pricing their cars.

Cash is king ! Take advantage of it if you have it to spend.

I agree with you on that part. There are some stubborn sellers but with the amount of cars for sale just move on to another. There are deals to be had just have to look. Once it gets colder, things will come down a bit more. Right now, the cold weather has not really hit. January, Febuary, prices will probably be the lowest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960