What's my 97 B/W GTS worth?

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After almost 8 years of ownership, I'm putting my baby up for sale. New Arrow engine under warranty at 26,920 miles. New trans under warranty at 39,016 miles. New clutch, pressure plate and clutch master cylinder at 42,000 miles. Car has 44,000 miles. Dodge added Care Plus warranty until 12/08.

Henessey wing, side splitters mucho MGW goodies, lots of ZAF goodies..

Borla headers and catless-back, K&N's and smoothies, VEC-1, Fidanza flywheel, 3.54 Unitrax gears, B&M shifter Eibach springs. EBC greens, Roe cooliing duct, Roe silicone hoses, etc.

Many original parts incluting exhaust and cats, gears, etc.

2nd owner. I have all receipts and maintenance history since I bought the car in 11/99 with 9000 miles. 998 chassis recall completed in 7/2002.

I ran a CARFAX in 2003 to find the car had an accident in 9/98 with 4000 miles involving a front impact with another motor vehicle Airbag deployed.

I've put 35,000 miles on the car with no problems. It's in great shape with some minor cracking on the right front where repairs were apparently done. Many coats of Zaino.

The car is fast and loud and well known in the Colorado/Utah Viper Club.

What do you think guys? I haven't listed it in the classifieds yet.

Thanks,

John

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see it get $40K. But you'll need to wait for the right buyer for that number...

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i agree...you're not going to get the high dollars, with all the miles, and the rebuilds are nice, but i would be leary if i was going to buy!!, jmho

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The miles really don't mean that much, I have 37K on mine and have not spent a dime on anything mechanical unless you count a/c recharges, But I would guess $36K would be a fair price.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roughly when do you plan on putting it up for sale? Soon or in a few months?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mileage is not bad.
Accident in history is not good.
Agree with Cody.

OP
OP
J

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High 30's sound a little low, but it's worth what it's worth. I plan to sell soon. I'll list in the classifieds soon. Feel free to call anyone in the Colorado/Utah Club or Jim Roppo, now in the Minn Club for their view on the car.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the person that picked up the 97 w/6k miles for 42.1k STOLE THAT CAR if it was as clean as it stated. Would have thought 50k plus easy for that color and miles.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddy sold his 97 B/W a few months back, for $55K. I believe it had around 25K miles and a few basic mods with a Roe S/C, HRE wheels.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good place to start. It is the right time to sell and you have some good mods.

A wrecked (put back together) 99 ACR sat on the market for 32K most of the winter and finally sold under 30K. It needed some work for sure, but that gives you an idea of the very bottom for a wrecked car poorly put back together.

My car is in the classifieds at $39k.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I'm in Denver right now. I'm looking to hopefully soon get back into a Viper. First, I've got to sell my Paxton SRT Ram. I'm not too worried about miles cause I want to do a few things with the motor anyway :)

I head back to western Kansas (home) thursday morning. Where are you located exactly?

I had an '01 GTS but sold it. Have you run your car at Bandimere, if so what were the times. Any Denver area members familiar with your car?

Dave