whats my car worth ? ? ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1998 Silver Viper GTS
Meticulously maintained
Some flaws in paint to be pointed out. (nothing too major)
Random Tech rear sub assy w/ X-Pipe, muffler delete
Roe oval high flow cats w/new side sill insulation
Roe fan switch assy.
Roe VEC2 installed by Tator Dodge
Roe Crank pinning kit for S/C installed by Tator Dodge
Smooth tubes
K&N filters
MGW short shifter handle
EBC green pads
S.S. brake lines, front and rear
Magnecore 10mm wires
2000 18" Rims and tires in good shape
XM radio
pretty good Side Sills
Roe clutch rod (shorter throw)
Clear side marker lites
Custom 200 shot NX nitrous setup w/dual bottles and all the goodies
Tuned by Sean Roe for 555 RWHP / 700 RWTQ

ONLY downside to this car...40K miles

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
say it isnt so plum... why are you selling her. i would buy it in a second as an everyday driver. my 97 only has 9k miles so its hard to drive it that often, but a car that has miles like yours can be driven each nice day with little regrets. i guess its worth mid 40's, such a shame to say it but what could you possibly to replace it for that price. and also sad to say but ebay probably wouldnt yield near the mid 40 mark for a car with 40k miles. you have several thousand in mods to the car of which add little to zero resale on the car, if you are serious in selling her, call me and i will offer to buy some of your goodies, like the vec2 etc. at least you recoop some cash and the car still retains the same resale. just a thought. -josh. does this mean you dont want to run her at atco this friday with me? :(

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron, no replacement for a couple years i bet, but when i do replace it, i promise you it will be FAST as heck.

it might have to go...not quite sure YET...but it doesn't look good for me keeping it. cant say yet, but it is a GOOD thing....trust me.

im guessing its worth 44-45K. and the owner would be getting a great,clean,good running car.

josh, not sure id wanna break it up, the car really is setup nice and run well the way it sits. im gonna get it to the dyno soon to get the power back up where it SHOULD be at 600/800 where sean roe had it before we took a ton of fuel out to get rid of the super rich condition i had due to some things i fixed recently. cant make it THIS friday but im still gonna try to run it before i sell it. just to see how it works..:)

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After having my car for sale for about a month now, let me say this. What people say it is worth and what it will sell for are 2 entirely different things.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After having my car for sale for about a month now, let me say this. What people say it is worth and what it will sell for are 2 entirely different things.
thankkkkkkk you , finaly someone saw the light , theres a gentlemen selling a 2001 red gts for 45k on viper alley less than 20k miles, mint clean clean , been up for almost 2 weeks and he still has not sold the car , some people on here think there car's are worth way way more than what it really is , same thing in the vette forum so its in general.
what you think your car is worth and what it really is worth, are 2 different storys, and what someone is actualy willing to pay for it, is a third.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thankkkkkkk you , finaly someone saw the light , theres a gentlemen selling a 2001 red gts for 45k on viper alley less than 20k miles, mint clean clean , been up for almost 2 weeks and he still has not sold the car , some people on here think there car's are worth way way more than what it really is , same thing in the vette forum so its in general.
what you think your car is worth and what it really is worth, are 2 different storys, and what someone is actualy willing to pay for it, is a third.

There are always people that will sell a car for less just to get out of it, or just because a couple grand isn't worth their time.

If you have time, a GenII Viper will bring the dough.

I think your car is worth $45k, no problem. So in this case Plum, I think your car is worth what you think it is.

Also, not so sure how clean that car is on the Alley. It might have been through some work. But I could be wrong.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EXACTLY!!!

I have sold my last 2 Vipers for MORE than what people thought I should ask.

:p :p

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my personal opinion here so dont get all bent out of shape here rt guys. but I THINK a gts will bring more oney any day of the week all other things equal. plums car is niiiiiice!!!!! very clean for the miles and obviously well cared for. good luck with whatever you decide to do brother. -josh

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my personal opinion here so dont get all bent out of shape here rt guys. but I THINK a gts will bring more oney any day of the week all other things equal. plums car is niiiiiice!!!!! very clean for the miles and obviously well cared for. good luck with whatever you decide to do brother. -josh

see that statement alone is worth 2K to your price. :D

Someone better jump on this car fast. I can smell 47K by this time tomorrow.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you find the right buyer, you'll get what it's worth. I had my 96 RT/10 up for 6 months and got what I wanted $36,500. You have to be patient. The 2001 GTS at the Alley is a steal, period.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol @ toby

I also think a GTS is worth a little bit more and its silver which ya dont see very often too. I did take real good care of the car. i even clean the underside of it sometimes.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike-HKS, When I said I believe the car is worth 45k that is pretty good estimate. Could he sell it much faster at 41k? Sure he could, and even faster still if he put it up for 35k. Anyone who expects to sell a 50k sports car in 2 weeks for a great price is dreaming. It takes time to get your price. If you do not want to wait, you will be getting less for your car. When I sell a sports car I wait until I get my price. I have waited between 3-6 months when I sold my last 3 sports cars but I got the price I wanted. If I had jumped on the first offer in the first couple of weeks I would have sold for between 5k and 2k less.

On a different note, you in no way can use C5 pricing as an analogy to GTS pricing. If you listen closely you can actually hear every C5 depreciating right this moment. The problem on the C5 board is people quote prices from 6-8 months earlier but there car is now 6-8 months older. In the life of a C5 that can be 1-3k depending on the year. Now honestly, how much do you think a 98 GTS has depreciated in the last 6-8 months?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a different note, you in no way can use C5 pricing as an analogy to GTS pricing. If you listen closely you can actually hear every C5 depreciating right this moment. The problem on the C5 board is people quote prices from 6-8 months earlier but there car is now 6-8 months older. In the life of a C5 that can be 1-3k depending on the year. Now honestly, how much do you think a 98 GTS has depreciated in the last 6-8 months?

Who in the World would try to relate C5 prices to Viper Prices.
Hell they only make 50000 Vettes a year! Come on :mad:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Who in the World would try to relate C5 prices to Viper Prices.
Hell they only make 50000 Vettes a year! Come on :mad:

Mike-HKS would, which I thought was a little odd. :rolleyes:

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had jumped on the first offer in the first couple of weeks I would have sold for between 5k and 2k less.
Now honestly, how much do you think a 98 GTS has depreciated in the last 6-8 months?

blue , holding on to a 50k car for a measly $2000 less is very bad business , money makes money , i learn that the hard way ,i'm in the buying and selling car business, i would hold a car till i would get what i wanted for it , they would make me a nice reasonable offer , and i said NO , guess what , 2 month later i would end up selling it, for that first offer i had, because it was what people where willing to pay for that car i was selling at that point and time. so now i take the first good offer ,aslong as i'm making my profit .

i think what happens is i'm used to seing good deals and seing real world prices, and i see what some people here are asking for there car's ,and well i think its to much , every body has different opinions , thats all

i will give you a good exsample my old z06 blower car 540rwhp started to ask 38k nothing window shopper's , 34k nothing , a month later , 32k nothing , another month ,30k finaly a buyer , everybody ******** i gave the car away , what was i going to do, hold on to the car for the rest of my life, no i sold it. but like i had gotten the car for a very very good deal , i had paid $27,144 for it 2 years before fully loaded blower and all, some older guy had trade it in for a e55 and the dealer ***** him and like i buy hole sale from the dealers i got a screaming deal ...
if you shop around the deals are out there . and people want good deals , most of the people dont want to pay thousands more than what a bank is willing to lend you for the car, or if its total loss what the insurance will give you back

and yes i know you dont buy a viper for investment

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte