What's quicker to put on? soft top or cloth cover?

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What\'s quicker to put on? soft top or cloth cover?

Hey,
I saw the cool looking RT/10 covers on this link: http://www.woodhouseviper.com/accessories/product.asp?cat=car_covers

My question is, what is quicker to put on, the RT/10 factory soft top or this cloth covering listed on the link above?

(i know it's not cloth, not sure what else to call it)

I have the softtop in the trunk with all the rods in place (I never take them out of the velcro strips) and can put the roof on in roughly 3-5 minutes.

If the cloth covering can be put on in 1 minute or less, it might be worth me getting it.

let me know.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s quicker to put on? soft top or cloth cover?

Viperct2001,
If you are referring to the Viper RT/10 Cockpit Cover shown in the site you posted, then look at the post named
"Cockpit cover waterproof", posted by JMcGuire. It should tell you what you need to know.
Good luck,

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s quicker to put on? soft top or cloth cover?

Ct: There's really not alot to compare with the cockpit cover and the soft top. The cockpit cover is used obviously only for when the car is parked. The soft top can be used on a parked car or while driving. I've put that soft top together a few times now and although I'll never be as fast as JonB, I'm getting the hang of it. It's still a bear. The cockpit cover is extremely conveninet and very fast to put on. Holds out water too, or at least it has for me. Cockpit cover is a must have. I won't find much use for the soft top. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala