***Wheel hop is GONE!!!***

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my 03 SRT10 back from Valaya Racing in San Jose and WOW! She was completely stock b4 she went there and now for a modest sum she has:

Penske 3 ways ( lowered the car a little bit with these )
K&N intake
Belanger Headers & Corsa Exhaust ( sound is killer )
3.54 rear end
SRT Mopar Performance Computer

This car has 21K clicks on her and now she feels like my comp coupe and handles just as good if not better. Wheel hop on acceleration is gone and the run flats move you forward real quick now ( no more stand still burnouts in this baby any more!)

Ted and AL did a great job and I would recommend them to anyone, anytime.

Next step red calipers and new wheels.

Steve

3992DSC00945.JPG
:2tu:

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats where i got my mods done..very happy :2tu:

are those 3.5 inch tips?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Handles as good or better than your comp coupe :confused:
A bit of an exaggeration no?

Anyway looks good..congrats..Any plans on rims? That would really set off the new stance..

How it the tramlining wiht this new suspension setup? Reduced? Eliminated?

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That is a great looking car Steve. (Looks just
like mine!)

Speaking of "killers" that must be a very dangerous shrub
to have it fenced in like that. Can it say "Feed me Semore"?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
supratime - I will have to measure them but I think they are 3.5's

SnakeBitten - just a little bit of exaggeration, but these penskes are far superior to the motons that come on the comp coupe, every time my CC is raced this year these penskes are being swapped onto the CC. Rims are definately next, and then maybe a little head work and a paxton unit.

The term 'tramlining' describes the errant automotive behaviour where the car wants to follow longitudinal grooves in the road, rather than obey the driver's steering input. Many vehicles tramline to a just detectable degree; for example you may notice that when you change lanes, there is a tiny resistance felt through the wheel when crossing a bitumen patch. But there are cars that can, in some conditions, tramline atrociously. How badly? Well, the steering wheel can be literally yanked from your grasp as the car sniffs out a rut in the road and follows it with dog-like determination. And if you're travelling quickly and that rut leads straight into the gutter, watch out!

NO MORE TAMLINING - I made this comment to Al on my drive home with the car, I had just gone over a section of highway near petaluma CA where my SRT always wanted to drive itself right off the road and all I felt was a slight bump with the suspension set up the way it is now.

redsrt03 - I have the local deer on a strict diet that does not include all my citrus and olive trees!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot - they were around $4K, I have the same ones on my GTS and it handles just as good as the SRT. These are 3 way adjustables, far superior to anything else on the market. They are great for the street, and they are great for teh track as well.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did the Penske's come with their own rear shock fork or did you use the ones that came on the SRT?
I didnt go with the Penske's a year ago, because I was told that the tread on the Penske's didnt mach the thread on the oem SRT fork and the GTS rear fork wouldnt work on the SRT.
If Penske is now making a setup that uses the same thread as the oem SRT fork, life just got better for all SRT-10 owners. :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BrianE - Penske does not make these for SRT's , Ted and Al at Valaya order them and modify them to fit on the SRT10. Give them a call , you will have Penskes in a week!