Have to let my baby go! God help me!!

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well fellas, its been a short stay. I have not even had my baby for one full year and I have to part with her. Here is the story...my wife had our first son back in Feb of 2006 (her 2nd) and it was a rough pregnancy. My son is a healthy boy who turns one this month. I however wanted another child and my wife adamantly disagreed. I said ok I am getting my Viper now instead and she agreed. Well, its not even 10 months later and my wife is unexpectantly pregnant again! yikes! She is pissed and wants the Viper sold, amongst other things, so that we can move into a bigger home. It turns out that a $600,000 home just can't cut it for 5 people in the Bay Area for those of you who are unfamiliar.
I placed the ad in the classifeds , but here are a few specs:
1998 RT/10
<25K miles
Red Ext. Black Int.
K&N Filters
RT high-flow cats
RT high-flow mufflers
'new' Borla 3" cat back exhaust
Findanza aluminum flywheel
SVS racing shifter
3.55 rear gears
EBC brake pads
new clutch
20K service completed
Mopar hard top
Mopar soft top

I am the 2nd owner of this car. I am a VCA member (albeit a short lived one). The exterior is in very good condition. I have kept her very clean. The car does have the minor wear expected from a 10 yr old car, front facia specifically. Current tire tread is 60-70%. It could use a set of new tires, I would work with the buyer on this. Mechanically the car is perfect. It has been maintained exclusively by Ted May at Valaya Racing in San Jose,CA. Any Nor Cal VCA member can tell you he is the "Wizard" of the West Coast. This car has been garage kept, never seen rain, and never tracked. If you are interested, I will e-mail pictures to you directly (high res). Just e-mail or pm me. ([email protected]). Asking around ~$41-42K. Seems reasonable to me.
Thanks VCA for any help you can provide to send this beauty to a loving and caring home!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck selling the car. Seems like a real low price.

I don't know how you people afford the homes in Ca.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd think it would sell fast in CA. Good luck and congrats

"Well, its not even 10 months later and my wife is unexpectantly pregnant again! yikes!"
You know they know what causes that now :bonker:

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Asking around ~$41-42K. Seems reasonable to me.
That's low! I'd expect to pay that for a non-modded car without a hardtop! I'm sure you'll sell quick at that price. Personally, I think $45K is more on target.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God will not help you with this one. He is after all, the one who is blessing you with another child. I had a similar problem a few years ago. We put the kid up for adoption (to a good home I might add) and I still have my Viper. This a personal decision that individuals may chose to handle in their own way. Good luck with whatever you decide.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shelby, I hope you are kidding. If you are kidding, thats a good one and I am LOL. If not, damn you really love that Viper.

Thanks for the vote of confidence fellas!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is just a reminder to the young guys around without kids...USE CONDOMS and or get a vasectomy !!!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, its not even 10 months later and my wife is unexpectantly pregnant again! yikes! She is pissed and wants the Viper sold, amongst other things, so that we can move into a bigger home.
I had my 3rd baby yesterday from an unexpected pregnancy. If my wife even suggested selling the Viper, I'd suggest adoption for the baby. :evilmad:

No baby's gonna separate me from my vipah. :nono: I'm sorry your dream ended so fast. :(

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God will not help you with this one. He is after all, the one who is blessing you with another child. I had a similar problem a few years ago. We put the kid up for adoption (to a good home I might add) and I still have my Viper. This a personal decision that individuals may chose to handle in their own way. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Adoption? Dude, you could've got twin turbo money if you had went the Ebay route with your rug rat

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
She is pissed and wants the Viper sold, amongst other things,
so that we can move into a bigger home.

I'll beat TVC to this one - "Sell the wife and buy another viper."

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats

Have you ever considered relocating to TX, in Shelby 3s neighborhood? Save a bunch on mortgage payments and be entertained as well. :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is just a reminder to the young guys around without kids...USE CONDOMS and or get a vasectomy !!!

or just put it in a place where she cant get pregnant!!!! :shocked:

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper after we had our seventh child. Driving around in a Suburban all the time made me delusional!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell her to save being pissed until after this baby's born. No need to traumatize a child still in the womb for God's sake..especially over the size of a house.

Besides, she agreed to the Viper purchase.. :)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her wanting a bigger house now is just her "nesting instinct". Has nothing to do with rational thought, unlike all the other things that come out of a woman's mouth :laugh: A pregnant, hormonal woman won't always be, so the future's not cast in stone. Also possible, she is taking out her anger at the unexpected pregnancy by making you also "give up" something in exchange for the next nine months of her life. It's a tough choice, because the pregnancy is a very real and life-changing thing, and the Viper is just a car. But just remember you are setting a precedent if she is stressed in the future...you and the things you value will be on the chopping block. Just my .02, I know you didn't ask for. I say ride it out and keep your Viper for now. Things may be different in a couple of months.

And you guys who talk about adoption as a means to keep your cars...whoa. I really hope you are kidding.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you guys who talk about adoption as a means to keep your cars...whoa. I really hope you are kidding.
I didn't see any smilies in my post. I'm serious! :nono:

You had your third child yesterday, and this is the order you place it amongst material posessions?

Just making sure I understand you correctly.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had your third child yesterday, and this is the order you place it amongst material posessions?
What can I say, the Viper is part of my life. I have only one Viper and 3 kids. So if I lose the Viper, it's a big lifestyle change. But if I put one kid for adoption, I still have two. As Spock would say, "Logical". Yeah, he's cold too. :D

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also possible, she is taking out her anger at the unexpected pregnancy by making you also "give up" something in exchange for the next nine months of her life. It's a tough choice, because the pregnancy is a very real and life-changing thing, and the Viper is just a car.

Thanks for the $0.02. I appreciate the insight and your above comment is basically right on. I think this is what is happening.

I don't want to give the impression that I am bowing to my wife's will here...I make the money, I pay the bills, I make the decisions. In this case, I just gave my wife my word that I would buy the Viper in exchange for no more kids...I broke my word...I lose. Its that simple. I know getting pregnant is a two way street, but I was about a six-pack in and she reminds me everyday how she told me to PULL OUT! :eek: Man, I am ********. Oh well. Anybody looking for a good Viper, never wrecked?

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like you've already decided. That's a great deal btw. It's a reasonable time to buy a bigger place (in bay area) -- considering it's a better investment than your viper :) -- not counting the fun factor. You just need whine back at her and make it sounds like you do it all for her. You'll be in another viper soon :) Save some $ and try fixing/upgrading everything yourself. It's fun. Life isn't that bad!

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby3 Wrote...

I can vouche for Shelby3. I was the one who adopted his kid. Being a viper owner myself, I felt his pain. I felt obligated to help.

Unfortunately, one year later, I got myself into a similar situation and I too had to put the kid up for adoption as well. I went the ebay route though, and I am happy to say that I found a buyer for the little tot in no time and he went to another good home.

I got to keep my viper. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4