Wheel question???

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All wheels fit all generations
No, they don't. 17" wheels will not fit the rears on the '01 or '02 cars. Nor will the 17's fit any of the Gen 3 models, as far as I know.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All wheels fit all generations
No, they don't. 17" wheels will not fit the rears on the '01 or '02 cars. Nor will the 17's fit any of the Gen 3 models, as far as I know.

Haha..yea I was just thinking the lug patterns

But if you take the brakes off....they all fit

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha..yea I was just thinking the lug patterns
But if you take the brakes off....they all fit
Gotcha. It might be possible to shave that interfering bolt head on the '01 and '02's and make a 17 fit the ABS cars, but I don't immediately recall which bolt is the interference. :cool: (I seem to recall it being a banjo bolt for the brake lines, which would not be a good candidate).

I use a set of '97 (thin five-spokes) for my track tires. The 17s have the benefit of having a few more options in racing tires, as well the tires being cheaper than the 18s.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the nut in question is the banjo bolt. you need to have the caliper machined down 1/4 to 1/2 an inch at the banjo fitting.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can drill and tap the unused bleeder hole location on each caliper and plug the current brake hose attachment hole. That would be safer than machining something down, plus it's a low spot, so bleeding is good.