Wheel Spacers

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I searched! Just got some new tires and want to add some spacers. I just want to make sure that i'm ordering the right ones. 3/4" front. 1" rear. I have Sidewinders With 285/35/18 front, 345/30/19 rear. stock suspention not lowered yet. Thanks Steve

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have replaced my stock brakes with gen 3 big brake se up. still have factory 18 wheels, where i needed spacers to clear calipers. however, also keep in mind you might want to go with longer studs to compensate for the spacers.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 inch is a little much in the rear for my eyes, and especially if you're lowered.

Something else to keep in mind...the only factory wheel that I've seen that has a recess between the lugnuts to accept the factory studs poking through the adapter are the 10 spokes. 5 spokes have to be machined out, for example.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels are the factory 6 spoke I did had to take a 1/16 out of the stud to make them fit the 3/4 addaptor.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have sidewinders on my 1996 GTS with 1'' spacers all around no problem.!!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran 3/4" front and 1" rear with stock 5 spokes and lowered on moton's and I like the look. But if you go very low youll have to trim your rear fender lip a little to keep the tire from rubbing on bumps. Go 3/4" front and rear and it'll look killer and no trimming.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3/4 rear and 3/8 front. They look epic. I haven't lowered the car yet, but will be doing it this winter. I am stuck on just Eibachs, or Eibach/caps. Or Motons eventually.

Here is a video of the car after the spacers. FYI I have also tracked this car twice with no issues. I had to machine the inside of the wheels out however so the factory studs would slide into the rear wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHIlh6HioQ4

-Tim

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 3/8 front and 3/4 rear, bought them on ebay from a company that custom machined them. I think they were the perfect size without rubbing.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys realize that exposed tires create lift, decreasing car's stability at higher speeds? Just sayin...:dunno:

OP
OP
S

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info guys. I'm still taking it all in. I have seen one car with the 1 inch rear and thought it looked great. However I would have liked a bit less. I'm leaning toward the 3/8 front 3/4 rear. Thanks again steve

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps, still, it is the principal of the matter and it never hurts to shed some light on the effect. I guess it depends on the manner in which you use the car, garage queens will not be impacted. However, I firmly believe form should follow function and even if you do not race your car, you should not make it worse. From what I see, viper already has way too much tire sticking out, as documented by the shrapned on the sills of so many of them. Lemke seems to be a guy that understands what it takes to widen the track on these cars.
As far as lift ya some Also drag. But for the speeds most of us go its insignificant. IMHO Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950