Wheels-again

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You folks all helped me out a short while back with wheels for a customers srt10, now I have a customer that has a GenII that wants new tires. He feels the wheels are too small and do not fill the wheel openings well. I agree with him, but have not had much reason to replace wheels thus far. The car is still at stock suspension height and he does not want to lower it.

That having been said, I need to know what most of you are running size-wise in after market wheels and tires. He is not going to track the car and it is basically a daily summer driver.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tommy.

:2tu:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should suggest he buy my 19" HRE 543s with Pilots. The 345-30-19 is 27"+ tall and really fills the rear wheelwell (as tall as will fit on a Gen II as the rear tires slightly touches the front inner fender liner when the suspension is drooping while on a lift) and the hard-to-get 285-30-19 front tire is also a bit taller than stock and helps fill out the front wheelwell. I'll be refurbishing them soon and he could pick what color he wants the centers.

OP
OP
T

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will keep that in mind and let him know.
Thanks.
Anyone else want to help a poor circus manager?

NguyenJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Phoenix, how much are you selling your wheels for? How are the tires still?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phoenix, how much are you selling your wheels for? How are the tires still?
The tires have about 4,000-5,000 easy miles on them and lots of tread. Without refurbishing the wheels (the centers need repainted/refinished) I would sell the whole set for $4,500 + shipping or after I refurb them for $5,000 + shipping. That is basically getting the wheels without the long wait from HRE with the tires thrown in for free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine