Wheels and tires - '97 GTS

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have one of the 7 gold-wheel GTS's. I bought it in October still dressed with the original PS2s. I'd like to get a "dummy set" of gold wheels so I can package/protect the OEMs for future resale.

I am looking for the 5-spoke OEM wheels, painted sparkle gold (or a set of actual factory gold-wheels if you have them), and new tires. I am attaching a photo of my car, showing the wheels. I would also need the center caps painted sparkle gold.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 205_p37_l.jpg
    205_p37_l.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 34

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Note: That year Viper would have worn MXX-3 Tires as OE. Pilot Sport in Viper sizes did not appear til 1999, and PS-2 in 2005.

You could buy a set of 96-98 17" OEs and have them painted gold for a "dummy" set

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Note: That year Viper would have worn MXX-3 Tires as OE. Pilot Sport in Viper sizes did not appear til 1999, and PS-2 in 2005.

You could buy a set of 96-98 17" OEs and have them painted gold for a "dummy" set

Sorry, I remembered seeing Pilot on the tires and wrote PS2s by mistake. I'm not worried about using Michelin tires now, just looking for a set of the OE wheels, painted, and a set of tires.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am 99.56789 % sure you wont find an OE set of Gold wheels. Painting up a "dummy set" as you you stated is gonna be your solution...