Where can you buy a service manual for a Viper?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine on eBay for $31.00 + shipping.
1996 RT/10 Service Manual (1996 has a GTS Manual also (coupe))

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If this will be of help to anyone, I have a brand-new Service Manual for a 1996 Viper GTS that I would sell. If this is something that you would like to purchase, please email me and we can discuss the terms. As the earlier post indicated, it is probably $90-100 new from the dealer. I would sell it for $50 plus the cost of your preferred shipping method. I'll look forward to hearing from any Viper owner who may be interested! I will be away this weekend but will email you right back as soon as I return so your patience is appreciated. Thank you!

Mark F

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to order an Owners Manual and Service Manual from Damiler-Chrysler, so I sent a general email inquiry at the 4adodge website. The next day they told me how to order them in the email below.

============================================================
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 9:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance [#316030]
Dear Mark,
Thank you for e-mailing DaimlerChrysler.
Your dealership may be able to provide you with a new Owner's Manual; or, you can visit the Tech Authority for both Owner's Manuals and Service Manuals -- http://www.techauthority.daimlerchrysler.com (1995 or newer).
You can also obtain a manual by calling Dyment Distribution at 1-800-890-4038 or 1-800-348-4696. If you prefer to write for one, the address is Dyment Distribution, 20770 Westwood Rd., Box 360450, Strongsville, OH 44136.
I also note that we do not have you in our systems as owning your new Viper. If you could please e-mail me back with the last eight characters of your vehicle identification number, I can update our files. This ensures that you get any necessary vehicle information in the future such as recalls.
Thank you for writing.
=============================================================

I ordered both a 1997 GTS Owners Manual ($6.00) and a Service Manual ($90.00) on-line from Daimler-Chrysler three weeks ago. One day day after I ordered the books on-line, I received the email message (below). About 5 days after that, the books arrived.

=============================================================
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 12:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Tech Authority On-Line Order Confirmation
Thank you for your order from the Tech Authority online store! We hope you enjoy your merchandise and remind you that it comes with an 100% satisfaction guarantee. Return anything purchased from us if it proves otherwise. We will replace it or refund your purchase price. If you have any questions about your order please feel free to call Tech Authority customer service at 1-800-423-7915. We currently are unable to answer any customer requests via email. Shipping Note: You can expect to receive your merchandise within eight business days of ordering. However, we do strive for three to five day delivery on most items.
Products Ordered
Product: Unit Cost: Qty: Subtotal:
Viper GTS/ Roadster Coupe $90.00 1 $90.00
Viper GTS/Coupe $6.00 1 $6.00
Subtotal: $96.00
Shipping: $11.25
Taxes: $5.36
Total: $112.61
Thank you for shopping Tech Authority
==============================================================

At the D-C website below you can order Owners Manuals, Service Manuals, Diagnostic Manuals, Training Materials, and Service Bulletins.
http://www.techauthority.daimlerchrysler.com

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, you did not get the VCA discount price of $60
You must be registered for see images
. We'll have to check to see what it takes to add this to the "on-line" ordering.

Also, a note to "illy" Your owners manual may be in the pocket located on the back side of your drivers seat. This is the top secret location it is hidden by the factory

Most buyers never find it, so if you bought the car new, it is probably there, if you are the second or third owner..... it is still probably there

Also, I hear peanut butter gets gum out of carpet..... never tried it though (tee-hee). I bet if you got to Martha Stewarts web site and search "Gum in carpet" she'll have something!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery