Where is the ECU located ?

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm swapping the stock ECU for the Mopar race engine controller later today. Any pointers on the swap-like where is it located?:dunno: Also doing the Mopar Race exhaust. The exhaust has nice polished tips, that I did not expect.:cool: Thanks for any help...

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mopar race ecu will not give you max benefits without the use of the mopar cam. and will affect the functionality of your a/c unit. you will get better results from a DC performance flash. btw ecu is rt behind driver side headlite in engine compartment. need to remove air box to change, also do when engine is cool rad hoses get hot!

OP
OP
V

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! I have the new controller that has been changed by Mopar. They fixed the A/C issue and a few other things. Well, thats what they told me. I guess I'll find out. Thanks again

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the + battery cable going to the fuse box under the hood on the left side. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR KEYS IN YOUR POCKET BEFORE REMOVING THE CABLE! If you happen to leave the keys in the car with the windows and the top up the system will lock the car down and put it into theft mode. If You remove the 3 bolts holding the front of the air box in place, 2 inside the front of the box and 1 wing nut under the box, and remove the clamp on the hose to the throttle body you can move the complete air box assembly aside without taking it out of the car or removing the sensor wiring from it. You should label the three connectors on the ECM, along with the ECM, with a magic marker with the numbers 1, 2, & 3 so you do not mix them up. Remove the 2 screws and the ECM slides right out. Reverse to install the new ECM. Reinstall the + cable, insert the key and TURN TO RUN ONLY, NOT START! After everything has cycled and stopped making noised turn off the key and then start the engine as normal, do not touch the gas pedal, and let it idle until it is warmed up. If you left the windows up and or the top up you will need to unlock the door with your key in the door lock under the left front door to open it.

PS: This procedure will also reset the wheel sensors after a flat or when you have replaced the tires.

I hope this helps,

Robbie