Where to get a set of coilovers for a Gen I for around $1400

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of a set of coil over shocks for a Gen I for around $1400. I am looking to replace the old shocks on the 95 and get a good set of coilovers.

You can email me at [email protected] if you have some for sale.

Thanks
Ed

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aldan's are around $1k, and KW's are around $1.8k.
You could also get your original shocks rebuilt for around $1k; I think PartsRack does this as well.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The regular Viper shocks are coilovers, so in this case, there is no difference. Coilover just means the coil spring and shock are integrated into one unit.

I did just see on the SnakeOyl website that they sell a brand new set of Konis (pictured with springs and adjustable perches) for ~$1700/set. This seems pretty reasonable when compared to rebuilding the original shocks, though I don't know which actual model shock it is. There do not appear to be any external adjusters though.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

Unless the car is going to be on the track, what would the advantage be for putting a different set of coilovers on the car for street use? For casual street use, would the average driver in the average driving situation feel any type of performance gain by putting different coilover shocks on? Assuming that that there would be a performance gain from a differnt shock set up.

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmm intresting my 95 has about 13000 miles on it and they feel good not sure how long the orig ones last before getting them done though

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte