Where were they testing the Gen V

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that noticed the car had 3200 miles on it? When I saw the presentation, I thought, where did they put 3200 miles on it with no one spilling the beans? I think they kept this car a really good secret and they delivered a great presentation. THere are things I really like about the car and there are other things which are so so.

I was definitely dissappointed about the HP. We can justify it anyway we want but the fact remains, we are not number one in that respect. When the viper was introduced it blew every other car away. I dont think that is possible today but come on. If the car makes 585-600rwhp I wont care. The only other idea that has made me feel better about it is Porsche 911tt is only 530hp and is a top performer. However, they put every ounce of that power to the ground very efficiently(through incredible technology), maybe the viper will do the same but I doubt it.

OH BTW, I have a GenIV black coupe at a deal right now. Any takers?

Love the looks of the new car!

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a Viper owner, but I intend to be one day. However, having more HP than the next isn't the main thing as far as I'm concerned. What matters to me is that the Viper has the DNA that makes my blood boil and run faster. Besides, anyone can make car X faster than a Viper with a few (or a lot) mods and I'm quite sure there are plenty of modded Vipers out there ;) This massive horsepower war kind of was kicked off because of the Viper.

Also, a Mustang or a Vette might have slightly more ponies than the Viper. But you won't see a Viper on every intersection on your way to the mall or four of them parked near you, now do you? When I was in Florida last year, I never stopped to stare at any Vette, Camaro or Mustang. But the one time I saw a Viper, my heart skipped a beat and I entered another realm of HOOO'DANG in my head.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horsepower ..... : The Viper is, and always was, about Torque. The 2013 according to Ralph, has more Torque than any naturally-aspirated car in the W O R L D.
2013 is going to be a very good year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude