Where's VENOM V ?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ! Where's VENOM V, Todd tracking his new Stryker red GTS, where are you ?
I tried sending Todd a PM but it said he can NO LONGER receive private messages and his last activity was 6 days ago.
I hope he has not been SECRETLY banned, as he is a great active and positive contributing member to this site !

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was banned for taking about Maurice.

Great to see change around here that they "talked about" making.

Sure SRT will jump on the VCA bandwagon now that they are banning Gen V buyers for petty reasons. Seems like a solid strategy.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was banned for taking about Maurice.

Great to see change around here that they "talked about" making.

Sure SRT will jump on the VCA bandwagon now that they are banning Gen V buyers for petty reasons. Seems like a solid strategy.

just so i know, since i'm a viper owner but not a "paying" member, who is off limits to talk about or face the ban hammer? with all of the drama, resignations, reappointments, letters about who is bad and who is not, it's gottn confusing. is the forum headed in a new direction already with new leaders?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just so i know, since i'm a viper owner but not a "paying" member, who is off limits to talk about or face the ban hammer? with all of the drama, resignations, reappointments, letters about who is bad and who is not, it's gottn confusing. is the forum headed in a new direction already with new leaders?

The policy is that thou shalt not speak of those things that you should know that you should not speak of. This is an all inclusive club. My club. Just don't say the wrong thing in public, because it is a privately owned club that can shut you up at will.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait what this guy gets banned and trolls still wander around? what did he say btw?
oh wait now we'll get banned lol!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We (NorCal guys/Maurice's friends) were moderated after posting what must have been heretical thoughts. And a funny pic or two.

Received this last night:

Hey Rich,

We are in the process of cleaning up a mess that was left by a previous moderator that got out of control. We are unsure as to why your account was put into moderation, but effective immediately, your account has been removed from moderation.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience while you were unable to use your account. Although the current website staff had nothing to do with the previous moderator's actions, we are disappointed that members were put into moderation unjustly.

If you have any difficulties posting, please let us know.

- The VCA Forum Staff

So I'm allowed back... but I'm not going to stay. I really enjoyed the company here, great members, but I won't support anything tied to the VCA.

See you around! I'm rw99 just about anywhere I go.

Rich

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sent a notice that I'm finally unmuzzled too. No apology from the moderating staff but an implication that I was moderated because things got heated and personal attacks were thrown around. Um, no.

Not sticking around when management doesn't own up to their mistakes, even if it was committed by past managers. You'd think that people who could afford to own cars as 'expensive' as Vipers would be more successful in dealing with personality conflicts (since they seem to be successful enough to buy nice things), but instead we've gotten to this level.

No wonder Venom V hasn't shown up.

Doubtful I'm going to be here much longer the way things aren't shaping up.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I recieved that last night and I'm now sure of the mess this club got into. I hope the bad managers all gone and we get back to the good vibe that was before, otherwise there will be a new club arising.
its freaking lame this had to happen with the gen V launch all but full of mess :(

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm back too. Wow, I had no idea so many of us had been "moderated."

Well, here's my opinion. It's about the CAR and about the PEOPLE, they come first before any club. I love the car, and I enjoy the friendships that I've built with you guys. Gotta say that I really missed the forum, I was pretty bent about being banned because I felt I had done nothing wrong. I expressed my admiration of and support for Maurice, which I think the vast majority of VCA members including the new board members would agree with.

I'm going to put these recent events behind me, and move forward. I'll say that I'm cautiously optimistic about the steps that the new leadership has taken to clean up the horrible mess that they inherited. I like some of the things that I see Dan and team accomplishing, although they haven't quite earned my trust yet. But it will take some time and I am willing to give them a chance, they deserve that for their hard work. Regardless of whether I stay with VCA in the future or not, I hope that it heals. I will continue my friendship with many of you regardless of what club(s) we are a part of. Enough said about that, let's get back to being car enthusiasts.

While this place was in turmoil, I just had to get away from all of the conflict and BS, so last weekend I took my Camaro to Buttonwillow Raceway. This wasn't my fastest lap, but it was maybe the most fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uXhopgMo_Rk

I had a blast. I just upgraded it with Pedders Supercar Coilovers and some other suspension goodies, and was able to just beat my friend in his GT3 RS by a full second. My best lap time for the weekend was 2:05.79 on street tires, not too shaby for a 3850 pound bruiser at Buttonwillow!

I will be tracking the Viper again Oct 9 - 11 at Spring Mountain, just outside of Vegas. I'm taking another Ron Fellows class, and they're going to let me run the Viper for the final sessions each day. Good times ahead! I will be sure to post up my comparo of how the Viper does against the ZR1, same track, same day!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW !! Great driving Venom V !
Glad to see that you're back in.....We just had to stir the *** a little for you ! New Mods are ++!!

Good to be back Claude, and I really appreciate that you and others put in a good word on my behalf.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude