Who drives the Yellow Viper with white stripes......

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all good guys......They are just cars.lol

I can see that no Viper wants to run on the street.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John you are right your the fastest on the street, and I sincerely hope nothing happens to you, but wreck it or get caught, and I think you will have a different opinion of street racing.Just because my viper sits and only races at the track is not because its a race car, it is emmission legal bone stock except 5psi blower at this time, but I have several other cars that I like as much or more to drive than my viper and I drive them. Is there more significance winning on the street than at the track? If you don't want a time slip don't pick it up, if you win you win if you don't you don't. I don't get it because your best shot is at the track, help me out a little here.One last thing, whats show your mommy your timeslip mean? A juvenille statement like that reminds me of a guy saying you want to race my 800hp vette thats a racecar but I call it a street car because I can drive it on the street.I will run whatever you bring, but if they are really street cars like you say will you run them with the tires that were delivered on them from the dealership the runflats? My car is a true street car and I will run the tires that are factory delivered because mine goes 10's either way, if your vettes are really street cars like you say and you long d*** big b***s

boys are as bad as you think lets run them that way what do you say?

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jamie,

I'm inviting you to come out with us this weekend.. and see what streetracing is.. I seriously doubt you have ever really been streetracing as I have been out in the scene (v street and others) for over 15 years.. and have never heard about your or any of your cars... I'm sure that you have raced at a stoplight or two, but thats not streetracing..

You dont have to drive, as I have an empty passenger seat. I will make a couple calls and line some races up if you would like to come see what its really about..

X

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't figure out if you boys are stupid or you just have nothing to lose. I can't speak for everyone but I have done some street racing before and at this time in my life I just have way too much to lose by street racing. You act like this is some organized or sanctioned event where a car couldn't ever be coming the wrong way down the street and hit you head on or the cops can't show up and impound your car or you can't lose control and hit some guy standing on the side of the road, all of which would ruin more than just your day. I have seen all of these things happen at V street, route 70, Frederick, Metro and just about everywhere else you can street race. I personally have already lost one Viper and I don't think the insurance company will feel like paying for another one, maybe I won't be lucky enough to walk away next time. The only reason you guys don't want to race at the track is because you can't cheat, that's what youll have to do to beat Lee or Jamie. You boys can talk all you want but you still have a hundred thousand dollar cookie cutter Corvette that's worth thirty grand. Why don't you posers quit making excuses and show up at the track. If a guy doesn't want to street race because it's illegal that sounds like a pretty good reason to me but you guys don't want to come to the track because you'll find out your cars are slow, that sounds like an excuse to me.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X let me say this, when or where did I claim to street race? I clearly said I don't and I have no doubt you are an expert at it but I have way to much to lose and I think I would rather take my time slip home to my mommy than than my drag racing on highway ticket, but hey if you put 2 cars on the civic and made a 100 bucks maybe it was worth it to you but not me.You made a statement that one of the viper guys car was just an extension of his di** isn't it true thats the case with you, your the big di** against the chumps on the street but at the track where the fast cars are your just an average di** not the big man anymore and thats why you like the street.Its got to be that, why else run on the street where its illegal and dangerous when you can go to the track?

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm so glad that this is all in fun. I agree with Jason...to do it at the track, but you have to admit this is fun hearing everyone's comments. I think majority would agree that both cars are nice in their own way, so keep it safe.

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well **** !
Go away on vacation and look at what happens
sarcblink.gif
First off let me say X It was me that went to Fredricksburg but, I wasn't really looking for you first. However, after a few of the other slugs there donated their money and the action slowed down. You would have been a canadate.......
yesnod.gif

I'm really surprised that an experienced street racer such as yourself really beleives that a very well seasoned Street/Drag racer like me going to a Vette/Viper shootout (were you had already challanged us)Would show everything he had....
grazy.gif

Fact is, you didn't even pick up the fact that I was running radials and you were running Drag radials............

Put radials on your car and we will go the qtr all day.....
Or leave the drag radials on and we can go 1/2 mile 3/4 mile 1 mile/10/miles hell you pick.....

Or better yet from a roll of 20, 40, 60, 80 or ? But, before you try that you better give my friend Bill C a try to see if you have a chance
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I will tell you this, If your looking for something soft, I'll sh*t in your hand
supergrin.gif

And, just because you show up at BK in Manassas after most of us old folks have gone home doesn't mean we were not there......

cmfwaic

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dupe..

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Lee Dove on 06-26-2002 at 06:11 PM</font>

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
I used to race on the street but you never really know who wins when it's a guy and 10 friends calling it. Not to mention, the danger you could cause others or yourself racing on the street...So, I wised up and grew up and now race at the track where they have a Christmas tree and NOBODY gets the jump!! THIS is the same Jamie Furman who ran a small block Ford Cobra R on the street!! (note that this car ran mid 9's at 145 mph !!!)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jamie didnt you just say that you never claimed to streetrace?
confused.gif
bsflag[1].gif

Arent you the same Jamie that trailers his viper to the track with ET Streets.. CCW set-up.. And your saying what about tires??

Jason,

Where did I say that I wouldnt race at the track.. I stated that I prefer to race on the street, but I'll race at the track.. Hello McFly..

Let me try to continue to clear this up.. V-street is dangerous, very dangerous, but so is racing on 95.. Both I do not do anymore.. Metro hasnt been a race spot for years, and is now a hangout for ricers and highschool kids.. We race in a secluded location.. Consider it our private track..

Lee,

Welcome back from vacation... I will try to make it to BK earlier next time to meet you..

I hope that you didnt race at that industrial park.. thats not the best location..

You talk about different tires and how you do this with that... Nittos are the tire that I drive with everyday... If you want to complain about my tires.. you should start with my ET streets..

You stated that you will race me 1/4 mile on my radials but not my drag radial....
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
... Is that because you see them as a unfair advantage???

Well how about we do this.. Your sucoma (spellcheck) tires against my nittos and we'll unhook the bottles.. Motor against MOtor.... heads up, 1/4...

Or we can go Run What Ya Brung... Either way, I dont mind handing you your a$$..

Oh and y race Bill C., I heard that he handed you your a$$ .. So whats it gonna prove that he can beat me..

X

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason
U have some good points about street racing. But I dont take part in that type of street racing. I dont even speed or have any speeding tickets. So no im not stupid. But u might be.
Maybe u could help me out. From my first post I said this is all in good fun and no flame. Then u come on and seem to dis me.
U say I wont run at the track but I will. U talk alot of smack so I hope u have your own Viper to back it up...(Do u ?
If so then lets run. No excuses if your scared just say your scared.
BURNOUT.gif

And if someone does not like to street race I can respect that.

Jamie
What can I say...lol....I will just talk to u when I see u in person. .....If u let me get a word in.
(this guy can talk as fast as he drives...wich is kinda fast
grazy.gif

So like Jamie said....For now the Vettes are King of the streets.

I will say it again.....All in good fun!

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Lee and I played a little on Rt.50 on the way home. On two runs I pulled on him and then he was pulling on me. The third run we ran up to about 120-125mph and had to hit the brakes due to traffic. We were dead even at that point and we both wish we could of kept going to see how it would of ended. He had his NOS going and I turned the boost on him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you should read his post again. He pulled me the 1st time yes that's true I tried him on motor. 2ed time I sprayed the 100 shot and was a little late on the botton. Third and 4th time we hit it just right and when the smoked had cleared we were dead even.

And by the way, If you had not started talking smack on here no one would have ever known about Bill and I running/playing

Back to the subject at hand, You can run any tire you want but, we just need to agree on the distance. My car is set up for long distance runs, Yours for short distance runs. So,you like 1320 feet and I like 2640 feet, Lets split the difference 1980 feet..

I have a pavers wheel and can measure the correct distance.

Oh yea, bring cash just in case you can't hand me my a**...........

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Jason. Street racing is for idiots...... Not saying I haven't lost my cool once or twice...... But meeting someone on a public highway to race is childish and moronic.

In addition, if you go to all the trouble of challenging someone to a race, why not do it at the track on 'test and tune' night. You should be able to do many runs to see who is king.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X my computer was down on the post about I used to street race I actually had to recite over the phone the post because you fired my up I couldn't wait.Some of the information in that post wasn't exactly as I recited it and if you read it good you can tell I didn't write it but for the most part they said what I wanted to say.Yeah I have trailered my car to the track once with et streets 2 years ago, but I usually run pzero's as many guys who have raced or watched me race can verify.I do not even own a set et streets or the rims they fit.I bring a trailer because I can, in case my car breaks I can load and leave.But the bottom line is you want to run me, your wish is granted as soon as I get a couple family vacations out of the way I am ready. John I don't think Jason was calling anyone stupid I think what was meant was if you don't think something can go wrong and disaster strike on the street, it would be stupid to think that.X you will think I am mcfly when you race me when I knock out that vette like mcfly knocked out biff.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X, DJ, I'm glad to hear you'll both race at the track, its much safer. I've seen some of your "scheduled race spots" I was there when DJ was supposed to run Scotts T/A. Scott was a little late, DJ raced a Camaro instead, meanwhile several cars had come down the road not knowing what was going on and potentially causing a head on collision. Then after DJ left the police came, took everyones licences and started handing out tickets, I'm glad I wasn't driving. DJ, I most certainly do have my own Viper, as a matter of fact I've had a couple of them although none of them would've had anything for you, I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm not even going to get into a conversation about other peoples cars, I'll let them do their own talking. You want to talk about stupid? At least I know what message board I'm supposed to be on.
laughing2[1].gif

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flipm:

So what do Diablo owners say when a modified Viper smacks them down?
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Pardon me, could you please pass the Grey Poupon?"
smile.gif

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason
So let me just get this clear. You are calling me stupid...Right?

And im on the Viper forum because I was going to get a Viper. So I like to learn as much as I can.But I would buy another Vette with a 427 TT and run low 9's with a waranty befor a Viper.
Do u have any type of waranty with your kits? If I do get a new Viper it would go to u cause u are so close. But for now I just love the performance of Vettes and with awsome waranty.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

I will be more than happy to run you from a dead stop or off a roll.

I do not race my car in overdrive so I will stick to a 1/4 mile race if I can get one.. When I was younger I did top speed runs, (I was young and alittle crazy) Now I've gotten alitte more sense to my and I just stick to the 1/4 mile. Maybe when I get old and senile I'll want to do top speed runs again..

2600 feet..
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
I know we (or at least I would) be going over 200 mph...

jamie, U still get the
bsflag[1].gif

As John stated, you seem to start talking and dont know when to quit.. Seems to me you put your foot in your mouth.. Not a bad try by stating that it was a misquote.. Better luck next time..

Jason,

As long as you realize that you dont have anything for the VETTES..
hail[1].gif

Its cool if you dont like streetracing. But then you should also just stay home and quit being a GROUPIE.. Because thats what you are.. U wonder why we get caught or have the police going after us more and more, well its because of people like you who do nothing but draw attention to the cars that actually race.. Groupie go home... After we raced, we left.. Did we get stopped by the police?. NO... We're smart enough to race and leave..

BTW.. I dont know if you were paying attention, but the cars that were comeing as DJ was lining up.. were about a mile away. The road is atleast a mile long and we can see when and if a car turns onto the road...... Headlights.....

I would say that you should stick to the track, but even you know that the track is dangerous.. Cough Cough 75-80... **** guardrails, they just seem to jump out in front of you, when you least expect it. Maybe you should just stick to turning wrenches and leave the driving to those who CAN..

X

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X you're right I should stay away from the street race scene and you were smart enough to leave before the cops came. I hope you're as lucky next time. Beleive me I've seen more than enough street racing accidents to let myself know no to do it. Like I said , I've got too much to lose and I'm not invincible.
By the way I didn't wreck my car at 75/80 it was Summit Point and I wasn't even driving it was their instructor who was driving. That was my stupid fault for letting someone drive my car even if they did claim to be a professional.
Nowhere at any time did I claim to be a street racer just a good driver. Also nowhere did I say that I don't have anything for C5s. How many stock Vettes do you know that run 11.60s?
DJ yes my systems do come with warranties.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

I apologize if I was misinformed... See what happens when a story is passed around..
laugh.gif
Didnt we practice this in grade school...
laugh.gif
.. Again, my bad..

Back to the trash talk..
rolleyes.gif

When I stated, "As long as you realize that you dont have anything for the VETTES..
hail[1].gif
".. I was refering to 550 vette and myself.. If another Vette wants to speak up.. Let him do so.. 11.6 huh.. wow.. we might be a good race.

Thank you for realizing that you shouldnt be out watching the streetraces, when you dont approve of them.. Now I have one less groupie to worry about.. now if I can just convince others...

X

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madame X,

The way I see it (and based on a lot of experience) 99% of mostly stock Vipers can beat 99% of girlvettes. All you vette guys here talking about fast vettes and I've never seen one that blows the doors off an average Viper.

So, what's your point?

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Point, there is no point.. Not 99% but 100% i will smoke you..

And if a miracle happens I will shake your hand.. but thats means that you have to take that car off the trailer, out of the garage, or wherever it is collecting dust..

Point being, would you like to see a fast vette.. Point being is I have these DEAD PRESIDENTS just sittin here and would you like to try and take them..?? Heck just earn them... If your scared say your scared..

Madame X huh...
laugh.gif
The X is you in the cross hairs. It the unknown in the race equation.. Its you not knowing who I'm when I pull up next to you..

X

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madame X:
Gary,

i will smoke you..

--------------
No thanks, I prefer women.
--------------

Madame X said:

And if a miracle happens I will shake your hand.. but thats means that you have to take that car off the trailer, out of the garage, or wherever it is collecting dust..

--

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X I want to make this clear so there are no misqotes I have raced on the street in the past but I am not a street racer, I sold a mid 9 second mustang that was a tagged street legal car. I did not race that car on the street but I have the nine second timeslips many of them, as well as many of your buddies that have witnessed it.You are a better trash talker than me because I don't talk it, I talk fact not smack, You keep talking about garage queens and such, I can't help it you only have one fast car and thats all you drive. I currently have 2 naturally aspirated cars that run 10's on true street tires not street slicks, when you have more than one car you may chose to drive them also.I also have a viper that will come out of the garage and kick the dust off and then the it will kick the livin s**t out of that sled you call a vette.X there is a age gap between us so the only reason you would know who I am is because when I show up at the track I send all you boys home cryin, with a big bag of excuses and a brutal *** whippen and its been going on for 10 years. I was racing while you were sucking hind *** if your not still, I don't put my foot in my mouth, because I have never failed to back it up, check around I know your new to racing, even though you think you are a veteran because you beat a few 12 second cars on the street, your still a pup, I never heard of you and I usually know who's fast, check with your buddies if you think I am a talker they know better.You ducked my question on an earlier post do you want to run me with the factory delivered tires like a real street car? I bet not because you are scared and if your scared say so. I will answer you before you ask I run whatever you bring, I can't wait I am not scared to lose, its hard to be scared of something that never happens, why don't you burst my bubble poser, you finally have a car you can drive with an automatic and slicks, do you think you can make it to the end of the 1/4 without missing a gear because I don't want any excuses.
Like I said so there are no misquotes let me clearly state my opinion, your car is slow, the driver is handicapped and I suggest you see if you can get a magnified windshield so you can see me when I go through the traps. I personally don't think you will show, there will be some bs excuse broken vavle spring, no traction whatever. THIS IS NO MISQUOTE THIS IS MY OPINION AND IT WILL PROVE TO BE FACT COME AUGUST.You can put perfume on a pig but it is still a pig, so get ready I am firing the grill up now I like a good barbacue and I am making up one special for you.
DJ your right this is all good fun.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
.You ducked my question on an earlier post do you want to run me with the factory delivered tires like a real street car? I bet not because you are scared and if your scared say so.

so get ready I am firing the grill up now I like a good barbacue and I am making up one special for you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jamie,

First of all..I thought you said you dont streetrace.. Will I race you on the factory delivered tires?? From the 1st day I drove my Vette home from the dealer, I have had nittos on the car.. That is what I drive with daily.. So thats what I will race on.. Quit making excuses, seems like your alittle worried about the tires.. Y.. Race your car like you drive it..

Your making one special for me.. huh.. Sounds like you dont have anything for me now and have to build a car.. August huh...
Sounds like an excuse again... I have my vette now as I did in May when you didnt show up at the track... I'll race you now.. Heck we can do it Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, heck even Tuesday.. or any day...

I think the real reason you dont want to race on the street is that your using it as another excuse. Most of the time when people say lets meet at the track its hard for 2 people to agree on a date and a test and tune day...

Dont let your blood pressure get to high, u old fart.. Remember this is all in good fun and good grudge matches..

X

BTW Gary let me say this so a kindergardner can understand...

W O U L D Y O U L I K E 2 R A C E ?

x

Bill C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam this is better than anything on TV, need to fire the popcorn up.Wish I did not have too work this Sat. Looks like it may be fun at the B-King. Still may show up if we are slow at work.

Some people like to just have a nice car and thats it, and some like to make HP modifications and race there cars. Both are fine but remember its all in fun. Have never raced for a single $,but if I did and lost o-well it was fun. Looks like most posts are from individuals that have made some modifications and like to race.

Now lets line them all up and then make posts about who kicked whos *** . That would be entertaining too read. Everyone can have a bad asss car online. I have a 5,000hp P/U truck that runs low 4's...Got the picture...

Bill

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X forget street race, and I know your not too good at reading but I said I would run whatever nitrous or whatever tire you have, I just wanted to know if you would run factory issue but like I stated I knew you were scared but thats ok you need everything you can get believe me. The reason I didn't show up in may was I get tired of being the fastest at every shootout there was nothing to prove and after watching everyone run I could see only Lee Dove had anything definately not any vettes, because the fast ones were broke! That slow bottle baby you brought was not worth wasting my pzero's on so thats why I wasn't there, had I known you thought it was fast I would of showed up, and I told you I had never heard of you, when your buddies told me about fast vettes they say your the slow one, John and Robbie have the fast ones, isn't that true? but you couldn't beat what was there so I don't know why you think you want me? The reason I said august is I am leaving for 2 weeks as soon as I type this reply and when I get back I have relatives coming into town and I am leaving again for 2 more weeks, you know now that I am 40 with a family I have to sacrifice an a*s whippen for a couple weeks sometime you understand how us old farts are, but when I am done I will dust off the old snake, both of them the one I drive and the one I am going to give you and then I will take care of this.X you guys have fun while I am out of town and try not to kick to many viper *** 's. I want the vca club to sleep at night, oh and by the way how could a couple of my friends join your fan club? you know how groupies are they can never get enough of the X man in black.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,

First off, enjoy your vacation..

I just wanted to know if you would run factory issue but like I stated I knew you were scared but thats ok you need everything you can get believe me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rolleyes.gif

You want to race factory issue..
baby[1].gif
My cars isnt factory issue, neither is yours.. Where do you come up with this?? If you want to stick to racing stock vettes, then do so.. I mean heck if you want to talk stock ... why dont we run with the stock motor, or stock gears, or even stock air filter.. Where does it end? Will you take the belt off your blower to race me with the "factory" motor... No Power adder???

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> The reason I didn't show up in may was I get tired of being the fastest at every shootout <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> AGAIN
bs[1].gif

You showed up, but didnt bring your car(s)...
rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> buddies told me about fast vettes they say your the slow one, John and Robbie have the fast ones, isn't that true?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats right I am the slow one.
blush.gif
. How about you set me out???
bounce.gif
That way you can brag to all your buddies that you set a vette out and took his money..(Let alone the one thats talking all this trash).. lets say 5 cars, heck you might even have to give me the kick .
yesnod.gif
. Your not scared of the vette everyone says is slow, are ya..????

X

Wide Open Throttle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
The way I see it (and based on a lot of experience) 99% of mostly stock Vipers can beat 99% of girlvettes. All you vette guys here talking about fast vettes and I've never seen one that blows the doors off an average Viper.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously haven't been to Jersey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave