Who has SRT-10 Camshafts available?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

What exactly does the comp coupe camshaft do to hp / torque / rpm range / drivability? What other mods work best with / or are sort of necessary to get the most our of the comp coupe cam?

Regards,

Dan

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you check our results in the SRT section we just finished a car last week. A street port job, non-bleed down lifters and Chromoly pushrods improve the valvetrain stability. If you add headers, more port work and tuning
520-540Rwhp and 540-550rwtrq can be made. Bigger cams will give more power but require more tuning and may not pass smog.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan-

What is the cost of the Comp Coupe Cam? Whos pushrods and lifters are you using? Cost?

Lastly, what is the benefit of the "Mopar Race Controller"? What can it do that a VEC-2 cannot? Cost on a Mopar Controller?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been told the comp coupe cam is the same as the reg SRT but set to a different position, if i am wrong i am sure someone will let me know.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey SylvanSRT,

Good question / subject. This would be nice to know. I've posted on this before, i.e., does anyone know the specs on the SRT-10 cam and the specs on the comp coupe cam? I have the 04 technical manual and can't get anything meaningful on the cam specs from it.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan here are the specs of the Comp Cam,

Lobe lift .320 in. .320 ex

Valve lift .542 in .542 ex

Lift dur. 220 degrees in 232 degrees ex

Base circle 1393 in 1393 ex

At 1.70 to 1.73 to 1 rocker arm

Set at center line of 119 degree

Somewhere on this site I once seen the specs on the 96-97 Gen II cam. Anyone out there know where they are? This would give us a good comparision to the Comp Coupe Cam. And if possible I'd like to see the specs of the current SRT cam.

Skip White

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew this would come in handy someday. From approx two years ago, someone said:
gen II cam 297 degress with .541 lift (with 1.5 rocker?)
305 degrees

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew this would come in handy someday. From approx two years ago, someone said:
gen II cam 297 degress with .541 lift (with 1.5 rocker?)
305 degrees with .541 lift
lobe sep 125 degrees and 66 degrees overlap
The creampuff cam went 120.5degrees lobe sep and 60degrees overlap.

This sounds like it is measured at .001" opening so unforturnately you cannot compare it to the .050" opening

Maybe you have the .001" numbers for the comp coupe.

good luck

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got em from Woodhouse Dodge.

I do really think if your going to upgrade the cam, you need to go a bit more aggresive than the Comp Coupe.

Skip White