Who is driving their Viper today

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just a reality check, who is driving their Viper today? I decided to get rid of my Hurricane blues and put some fun into my commute today. Who often do you drive your Viper, or is it a garage queen?? Lets here some stories.

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every day, rain or shine. I have a great parking place -- covered, in a corner, etc. I can't imagine driving anything else!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never drive mine to work, I don't want my employees thinking that I am better than them. They all know I own one but it's just as well that I don't drive it to work.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After work for a drive around and dinner. Not to moch time to enjoy it befor winter storage.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have driven mine today but the interstate is being worked on and traffic *****. I try to drive it to work at least one a week (preferably on a Friday when I can bug out early).

Only time I know I won't be driving her to work is when the wife has a day off; then I leave it home for her to enjoy. (note to self---GET HER A VIPER OF HER OWN!!!)

B

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Never drive mine to work, I don't want my employees thinking that I am better than them. They all know I own one but it's just as well that I don't drive it to work."

Part my reason also, plus parking ***** and I need the room in the truck to transport stuff.

AC

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take it to work about twice a week & make it my weekend car as well

I would drive it more during the week, but going on sales calls I feel its a bit too flashy sometimes

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Pal, (Fuelman)

I am driving mine.....

stakes into the ground, to put my trees back up.

Envious....

Cudaman :usa:

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John,
I had to look at the new ride in the garage during the whole hurricane. Lucky for me though, it was nice yesterday and today so it's been out. I think it took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the power. Luckily, our best driving season is just ahead of us. Enjoy.

Tom

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much every day, including today. Of course today was to DMV to get it registered. Now I need to drive it to the pet food store so I have something to eat for the next few months... (annual property tax on it: $1188).

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm driving it tonight to P.F. Chang's...it's freakin' beautiful here, 70 with sunshine. Cannot wait to get out of work.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much every day, including today. Of course today was to DMV to get it registered. Now I need to drive it to the pet food store so I have something to eat for the next few months... (annual property tax on it: $1188).

You are kidding right? What is your insurance premium if you do not mind me asking.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to drive mine as much as I can. I used to drive mine everyday but I am now in college and cannot really drive it there. Do not want to bring out the, BAD, in people. I drove it there a few times when I could park in teacher parking and see it from the classroom.

Now I drive it mostly when it is a clear day and I do not have school. I have driven it to work, (as long as I have no appointments), and it has been fine. Still many did not know I had it and I liked that.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm not near my Viper very often, since I work overseas, so I drive the wheels off it when I'm at home. I average about 100 miles per day :2tu:

Can't wait until I get back - Doug should be done tinkering by then :D

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes i drove it today to work. Mostly drive it just on fridays to work and all weekend. I'm doing about 12k a year as a weekend car!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR = 7000 miles past six months

SRT-10 = 5000 miles past 10 months

Can you tell which one I prefer to drive?

I drove ACR on a trip to the store today. 20 mile round trip, then nasty rain hit.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
John,
I had to look at the new ride in the garage during the whole hurricane. Lucky for me though, it was nice yesterday and today so it's been out. I think it took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the power. Luckily, our best driving season is just ahead of us. Enjoy.

Tom,

Yeah during the hurricane I put my in the center bay, put the car cover over it, put tires between the garage door and the Viper, put the Z28 on the lift, with the lift up to protect the Viper from anything coming through the garage windows, then the biggest sacrifice, I put the Harley truck outside against the garage door to keep Hurricane Jeanne (that Bit@%@% ch from coming through the doors) All for the love of a Viper. Basically I was willing to sacrifice two nice cars to protect her. So today I had an extra big smile on my face every time I mashed the fun peddle. I even messed with the ricers today, normally I don't waste my time or the rubber, but the ricer that was tailgating me on the way home got to see what a burnout looks like at 35 miles an hour in second gear.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
John,

Tom,

Yeah during the hurricane I put my in the center bay, put the car cover over it, put tires between the garage door and the Viper, put the Z28 on the lift, with the lift up to protect the Viper from anything coming through the garage windows, then the biggest sacrifice, I put the Harley truck outside against the garage door to keep Hurricane Jeanne (that Bit@%@% from coming through the doors) All for the love of a Viper. Basically I was willing to sacrifice two nice cars to protect her. So today I had an extra big smile on my face every time I mashed the fun peddle. I even messed with the ricers today, normally I don't waste my time or the rubber, but the ricer that was tailgating me on the way home got to see what a burnout looks like at 35 miles an hour in second gear.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine as often as I can which is not often because of my business. Sometime I just pack up and drive to SC and visit my family and round trip is about 1500 miles. Life is to short to have low miles and not enjoy...*** BLK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc