Who is going to order the interior or exterior carbon fiber packages?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just been looking at the carbon fiber options.....in talking to one of the major dealers it appears few are ordering the interior carbon fiber package. There are two exterior options....the carbon fiber exterior for 5,100 and the aero package for 4,800. Do you think the carbon fiber appearance will go "out of style"? Worth the money? Although downforce is slightly improved, are you going to pay for the functionality of the aero package or for the "looks"?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was gonna order the carbon interior package for sure. I wanted the exterior package but I had me eyes on the vert so I wasn't sure how much carbon was gonna be on outside of the car. I say worth it.

Nambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ordering the exterior carbon and aero packages. I have always been a sucker for CF and with the exposed weave on the hood and deck lid, I don't think that it would look out of place at a later date.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was going to order the Exterior CF package but I was told it wasn't available in the first quarter and shouldn't have been available to order .... so I agreed to change my order so I could get the car without the CF.
I'd do whatever they'd ask to get that car!

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero for me. I'm not into the $ for the looks pieces at this stage of my life, but for the function, Aero, Track, and the one up upgrade on interior for the SRT (like the yellow on had at VOI) are my options when I go for it, should put me in the $109Kish range MSRP.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may consider the carbon aero package, but only if track tests show an appreciable improvement in lap times. If not, I'd pass. Not excited about carbon fiber front splitter, I wonder how long it would last before cracking in the real world - driveways, speed bumps, ...

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I wish the rear brake bezel piece could be painted the exterior color of the car instead on the GTS. Apparently only the SRT model is a candidate. This look looks alot better for a lot less than the cost of cf IMO

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may consider the carbon aero package, but only if track tests show an appreciable improvement in lap times. If not, I'd pass. Not excited about carbon fiber front splitter, I wonder how long it would last before cracking in the real world - driveways, speed bumps, ...

Supposedly adds 300lbs of downforce (at 150mph?), so I'm guessing it should be pretty good with improving lap times on most tracks.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have seen what the exterior carbon trim looks like, but I don't think there are any pictures of the interior carbon trim package.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supposedly adds 300lbs of downforce (at 150mph?), so I'm guessing it should be pretty good with improving lap times on most tracks.

Good info, thanks Chorps. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see that option on the car used in the next track test.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info, thanks Chorps. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see that option on the car used in the next track test.

Found the quote:
"Moving to the rear of the car, the Mopar carbon fiber wing is another piece that has been developed to increase down force alongside the front splitter. This full carbon fiber piece can generate 300 lbs. of down force at 150 MPH. or 500 lbs. at top speed. It's a beautiful and functional piece."

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Policy Limits.......I asked one of the major viper dealers and only the SRT will that piece the same as the exterior color. The GTS options are black or CF. It is something that SRT should look into......

The cost of the black versus car color should be the same..essentially...and if this is a custom order car.....

I am going to wait and buy the 2014 or 2015 and see how all these options and car performance parts sort out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude