Who put their Viper in the drink in the Florida Keys?

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge Viper almost pulls a "Veyron". - Honda-Tech

Here's a link to the story with pics. It was down in the Florida Keys in Islamorada. Anybody know what happened? I've been to that exact spot many times as my uncle has a charter boat in the marina in the background. He saw the accident but I havent talked to him yet to find out details. Looks like a nice gathering of Vipers. Hopefully this one is fixable.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intersting comments in the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC000E
By more special you mean, less demand, less production and now officially failed as a product....how cool.

Yea, commercial success is how we measure great cars. You should be all over the camry in that case. A completely mental 600+ hp supercar without electronic nannies. Ewww gross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill
Yea, commercial success is how we measure great cars. You should be all over the camry in that case. A completely mental 600+ hp supercar without electronic nannies. Ewww gross!!

Hahaha...you got all fired up. Nah...I like the GTS's for sure. I'd own one if the opportunity arises in the future. The Viper failed truly because of a poor economy mixed with poor business management. It's not very profitable so they cut it.

The Viper is a unique car, though I think its lost its luster. It was a niche car that simply targeted a very small demographic. They weren't comfortable and they were mega expensive. That leaves a very small middle aged group of guys that have cash and good joints to get in and out. Those guys just lost their asses over the past two years.

In ALMS racing, the Vipers got owned by the factory Corvettes, and I think Corvette just delivers a better product. They've got heritage, they've got civility and they've always been one bad ass bang for the buck. I love me some Corvettes...got me a lowered 92 6spd parked downstairs as I type this .
Don't care for the C5 rear end as much and couldn't afford a C6 (I buy cash only...no payments...F that). So, I figure I'll LS1 swap my 92 with an adapter for my ZF and have the best of both gens.

***rambling over***

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading that thread reminds me how stupid some people are. Especially the guy who claims most people would rather have a Vette, Mustang, Challenger or Camaro. What people? Those who don't know how to work a clutch and need a car where they can get the auto tranny option? The Challenger and new Camaro are cool. Vettes and Mustangs do nothing for me. Never have, prob never will.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is some serious stupid coming from the Honda fans on that site. It's fine not to like the car, but at least get your facts straight....sheesh.

They did say the car did NOT end up in the water. 4 Vipers though...had to be SOME club affiliation there. Wonder who's keeping their mouth shut.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down, they are honda guys an S2000 is high performance to them or maybe the NSX which I will say was a gorgeous car,but a Honda no less.Not sure the Honda crowd should be throwin spears at the dodge crowd though,Hondas are for your wife and mother to drive or that old college professor.
It is interesting the misinformation that is out there about our cars.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down, they are honda guys an S2000 is high performance to them or maybe the NSX which I will say was a gorgeous car,but a Honda no less.Not sure the Honda crowd should be throwin spears at the dodge crowd though,Hondas are for your wife and mother to drive or that old college professor.

I'm calm, I'm calm....Doesn't mean I can't be a little...ya know...:crazy2: at some of the comments. ;)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better yet a Honda guy crossbreed with a slammed C4...:rolleyes:

Now that's some funky DNA there...:crazy2:

From the thread..
"got me a lowered 92 6spd parked downstairs as I type this . "

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think thats marathon

Right in Islamorada at Whale Harbour. Its right before the big Tiki bar if you are going back to the mainland. Been going to the exact spot since I was a little kid. Great times when I was younger. The Tiki bar has stolen a lot of cash out of my pocket over the years..LOL.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a photo of the four Malo brothers' (Flo, Neim, Jim and Solli), cars that was in Viper magazine. They are from Naples Florida. It looks like three of the Vipers in the photo link above, including the one that went in the water ( the black with the stripes), are their cars. They must have been on a family outing. Or all four were their cars and the purple car replaced the all black one. Or, maybe what appears to black is really purple.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

At least it looked like everyone walked away from it. Still a bummer.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comments on that board are nearly as bad and misinformed as they would have been ten years ago. Maybe I should give it a few more days.

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email from my uncle. He saw it happen. Here is his reply back to me.

"
Hi Sean,

I saw it all. A bunch of Vipers went down to Key West last week and on the way back, just outside of Whale Harbor, going up the bridge, the lead viper, in a line of 5 got sideways. Too much gas I think, and hit the rear of a crane truck coming south down the bridge. Flipped over, 2nd Viper got smashed, the other 3 were fine. Best news, Nobody hurt ! The crane truck then rolled into our parking lot, took out a electric pole, many sparks, and a few cars.
The ground was wet and I think he got on it too hard. I saw and heard it all. Scary.

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Overkill is right we did lose are asses over the last two years

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to the brothers.

it was one of them.
he came over the bridge and started to hydroplane and couldn't get it back under control.

he said they were only doing about 35 mph or so and he was not heavy on the gas.

car is wasted, he came away without even a scratch.
pictures look BAD.........glad he was unhurt.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad that no one was hurt. There is a small amount of humor in the incident. The name of their restaurant is: "THE WATERMARK GRILLE".

One more point:

The crane truck then rolled into our parking lot, took out a electric pole, many sparks, and a few cars.

Why did the above happen if he hit "the rear" of the crane truck? Perhaps the driver of the crane truck was craning to see what had just happened and did not watch where he was going. There is something fishy about this part of the story.

Last edited:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dodge Viper almost pulls a "Veyron". - Honda-Tech

Here's a link to the story with pics. It was down in the Florida Keys in Islamorada. Anybody know what happened? I've been to that exact spot many times as my uncle has a charter boat in the marina in the background. He saw the accident but I havent talked to him yet to find out details. Looks like a nice gathering of Vipers. Hopefully this one is fixable.

Seems to be no shortage of ill informed honda ricer **** talking **** about vipers. They wouldn't know a real car if it bit them in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Venomiss

I am glad that no one was hurt. There is a small amount of humor in the incident. The name of their restaurant is: "THE WATERMARK GRILLE".

One more point:

The crane truck then rolled into our parking lot, took out a electric pole, many sparks, and a few cars.

Why did the above happen if he hit "the rear" of the crane truck? Perhaps the driver of the crane truck was craning to see what had just happened and did not watch where he was going. There is something fishy about this part of the story.

Perhaps the crane truck driver was listening to this? Just for the halibut.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEZG14eGmR8[/media]

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One more point:

The crane truck didnt flip over but rolled in to the parking lot and ran in to stuff. Driver must have swerved or something after the Viper hit him.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cracks me up how the guy posted that he never sees Vipers on the road. Uhh, because they didn't make 35,000 a year like Corvettes over the last 37 years.

What the honda crowd will never experience is having an exclusive, rare car (except for the NSX) so let them go ahead and bash away. The sad truth is that every one of those punks on that board would give their bile duct to have a Viper and they know it.

Ron

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the honda crowd will never experience is having an exclusive, rare car (except for the NSX) so let them go ahead and bash away. The sad truth is that every one of those punks on that board would give their bile duct to have a Viper and they know it.

Ron

Well said Ron!

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 10 days ago, the South Florida VCA had 6 cars that headed down to Key West. We had 2 FE 2006 SRT-10, 1 Black 2003 SRT-10, 1 2009 Green SRT-10 Coupe, 1 Maroon SRT-10 Coupe (Lee Sauders from Lakeland) and a White 2006 SRT-10.

When Bob told me the story, I didn't believe it. How close the colors were to our group! As long as everyone's ok, that's the most important thing...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to the brothers.

it was one of them.
he came over the bridge and started to hydroplane and couldn't get it back under control.

he said they were only doing about 35 mph or so and he was not heavy on the gas.

car is wasted, he came away without even a scratch.
pictures look BAD.........glad he was unhurt.

Glad they are OK, but as long as the car was wasted, ask him if he wants to sell me the H wheels:eater:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4