Why Can't I sell this Car???

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather sell a relative than sell my Viper. The economy is horrible. Its not that no one wants it, its that they cannot afford it. Sit tight, it will move. Especially w/ all the rumors of the Vipers future circulating.

I am saving up for a Ford GT now. And there are plenty of people saving up for your very Viper. Be patient, its an exotic sports car. It wont sell like a Ford Fusion, but it will sell.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you still have it listed for 50k than most likely it wont sell. I bought my 2004 a year ago at that price with just 2800 miles on it. Since then the market has gone down dramatically and gas is up extremely high since then. Mid 40's might get some bites. Good luck if its still out there and you havent sold it yet. As others have stated there is just too many of them for sale now with the 08's out and the 09's coming out.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Galves wholesale low mileage 04s are approx low 40s.They are coming thru Manhalm auto Auction low low 40s. all day long Absolutely no way in the world -this economy you will get near 50 (If you had an 06 roadster yes but yours is an 04 )You will be lucky coming into the winter ,09s out soon to get a few grand over wholesale-44-44,500.00

VIPER 2006

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reading this I how much my 2006 coup solid black with 2400 miles is worth on the market?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In April i boughT a 06 RED Coupe 4500 miles (like new cond )5 spokes 3.55 Gears Corsa cat back for 58000.00.In May i traded the car for my 08 for 55grand .(My friend who owns the dealership sold it in June for 58000.00)Book on the car (Galves )has dropped from then though (it was 55grand now its downto 53000 wholesale).I would say realistic value on an low mile 06 coupe is approx 56000.(3 grand over wholesale.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS another barometer is to see what low mileage 06 coupes are coming thru Manhiem for.In the action report it will list mileage and condition.

VIPER 2006

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got to love how these limited production cars hold their value. so I say lets drive the **** out of them. LOL

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a phase! Even a 1970s Hemi Cuda was worth next to nothing by 1975. Keep it, drive it more, don't wory about a scratch here or there. Just enjoy it. Now is the right time. If it is worth next to nothing, than you have nothing to lose, right?

I bought my 06' Coupe to drive. Plenty of show queen sin my garage that I just don't wnat to put the miles on, but my Viper, she is getting driven.

Good luck with the sale, put on another 5000 miles, no one will even notice it. You do owe it to yourself.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a phase! Even a 1970s Hemi Cuda was worth next to nothing by 1975. Keep it, drive it more, don't wory about a scratch here or there. Just enjoy it. Now is the right time. If it is worth next to nothing, than you have nothing to lose, right?

I bought my 06' Coupe to drive. Plenty of show queen sin my garage that I just don't wnat to put the miles on, but my Viper, she is getting driven.

Good luck with the sale, put on another 5000 miles, no one will even notice it. You do owe it to yourself.
Great advice.Remember right now its a buyers market for everything even land.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps think the CAR market is soft try high end offshore powerboats Cigarette ,Outerlimits ect.My friend paid 800 gs for a 42 Outerlimits 4 years ago-he cant get 300 now.The boat has close to 2200 horsepower and blows thru 400 gallons of gas at 4.25 a gallon in a short weekend.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares! I will drive and enjoy! I will put my VCA up for sale after VOI and if it sells fine if not cool.:drive: i don't need to sell any of my cars so, like my fellow Viper owner says F'in drive her!!!:headbang:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking of buying an 06 SRT coupe, and have just missed out on two deals this week. The first was a black/silver w/ 7k miles, sold for $53k (from a dealer in SC). The second was a solid black, 10k miles, $50k (private party). Looks like if the coupe is low 50's, srt verts would be less...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking of buying an 06 SRT coupe, and have just missed out on two deals this week. The first was a black/silver w/ 7k miles, sold for $53k (from a dealer in SC). The second was a solid black, 10k miles, $50k (private party). Looks like if the coupe is low 50's, srt verts would be less...
Both were great deals (definately wholesale or under)its like anthing else though if the person selling the car really needs the money its not worth losing the sale over a few grand..The 06 roadster is a little bit les money than the coupe.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both were great deals (definately wholesale or under)its like anthing else though if the person selling the car really needs the money its not worth losing the sale over a few grand..The 06 roadster is a little bit les money than the coupe.

There was a converted roadster to coupe on Ebay, that was interesting...

Last edited:

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truth is that it is a bad time to be selling anything right now! I have watched low prices on ebay to, there was a 03 the buy it now was 38k,nobody hit it and the bid was around 32 when it closed. put it on craigs list,and any site you can think of,run adds, dont take 35 for it ..wait....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang