Why Do People Do Stupid Things When I Am In My Viper?

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime a guy at a light asks me to light em up I tell if he had some big ***** in that car somewhere to show me I might do it. :D

What I like:
I like the way the girls look at me when I drive it. I doubt my wife does but its fun. I like a simple thumbs up or a "nice car" type comment. I like the way most Vette drivers pretend they dont see me at all. :laugh:
Sometimes I feel like I have a naked Salma Hayek strapped to my hood when I drive it.

I hate the way the boys between 12-18 years old hang out their windows yelling at me to light em up. Then they act all mad because you wont do it for them. As if burning off 500 dollar michelens for some 15 year old punk thats fighting a losing battle with acne is my goal in life.
Every dork on a crotch rocket has to give me a little rev or gun it. Every ricer driving a 150hp car with a 6 foot wing on the back and a kazoo for a muffler has to do something stupid to get my attention.

The way I look at the downside of owning a Viper is that its a very small price to pay for the privelage of owning one :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owning a Viper is like being a magician, you can make all the other cars around you disappear. Nothing more funny than some guy in his high end Mercedes or Beamer driving past you looking dead straight ahead, refusing to look at your Viper. His car cost a lot more, and yet it doesn't even exist next to yours. Corvettes don't get a second look from anyone. Around here, most of the corvette owners are older guys who tend to only look straight ahead anyway when they drive... :)

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the most part, I'm with many above in that I try to just wave and be cool or ignore them all together. I seem to get the most aggressive attempts from young guys on bullet bikes. Anyway, sometimes you just got to have some fun.

I took one of my wife's girlfriends for a ride one night last summer. It was about 1l:00 p.m. with not a lot of traffic. She was totally into the car, cool summer night air, heat from the engine, sound of modified exhaust, etc. She kept wiggling around in the seat and telling me how awesome the car was. So, we pull up to a light with a Mitsu Eclipse vert on my left with two guys in it (yes, I know, barely over 100 hp). Anyway, the driver starts reving the engine like crazy. I look over and the passenger, on my side, quietly grins and says "don't embarrass us too bad". Light turns green and they nail it. I pulled into the intersection at a normal speed and think what the h*ll, so I hammer it. Instantly, I'm about 20 car lengths ahead of them. As we slow back down to normal speed, I look over and my wife's girlfriend. From the look on her face, I'm pretty sure she just had a rather intense org*sm.

Definitely priceless.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime a guy at a light asks me to light em up I tell if he had some big ***** in that car somewhere to show me I might do it. :D

What I like:
I like the way the girls look at me when I drive it. I doubt my wife does but its fun. I like a simple thumbs up or a "nice car" type comment. I like the way most Vette drivers pretend they dont see me at all. :laugh:
Sometimes I feel like I have a naked Salma Hayek strapped to my hood when I drive it.

Especially if Salmas NACA duct is showing
:2tu: :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife very affectionately refers to it as "The Dick Factor". Take for example yesterday: As we cruised down a four lane road, a middle-aged guy in his newer BMW 7 Series pulls up beside us (looking straight ahead, of course) and then zips in front of us and slows down. No other traffic, wide open lanes. The Dick Factor. It's too bad that the Viper seems to inspire it a bit more than most of us would prefer.

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Although I never street race or "light 'em up" as I'm always requested, I still smile and nod at these folks because:

1. It's cool that they are into cars, which already makes them cooler than 90% of the population. So what if they can't afford a Viper or aren't yet mature enough to react calmly? At least they share our appreciation of power.
2. People don't know how to react when they see something as awesome as a Viper. So their adrenaline pumps and they are on a temporary high.
3. I enjoy the fact that driving the Viper around brings a smile to hundreds of people every day!

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda makes you wish we had owned Vipers when we where single guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of us are....
:) Yah me too :)
Rub it in you Bastages.. :( :(

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of us are....

Okay...
I am single, have a Viper, and still have all of my hair, which isn't gray yet.

Now how many people can claim that? :) :headbang: :2tu: :D

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay...

Now how many people can claim that?

:) I can claim that, LOL and i'm muscular and good looking :) (stud) LOL can you claim that? LOL :)

Vipper Rich

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Winter) Saugatuck, MI (Summer

Some of us are....

Okay...

Now how many people can claim that? :) :headbang: :2tu: :D

Me! but I have two Vipers - Ha!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay...

:) I can claim that, LOL and i'm muscular and good looking :) (stud) LOL can you claim that? LOL :)

I could claim that...but I wouldn't. :D

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 31, have hair, have Viper, have Wife. Its all good though.. :)

But those younger chicks and the attention they give me when I drive it is still cool and the gang :cool: :cool:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned something new----there are rednecks in conn. No, I can;t spell it! John

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned something new----there are rednecks in conn. No, I can;t spell it! John
The only Rednecks in CT, which stands for Connecticut are the ones that moved up here from the South!! At least they dont drive rusted out F-100s :D :D :D :D :2tu:

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had mine downtown on friday for the first time since I bought it 4 weeks ago. Drove to and parked by the local club. Before I could turn off the car some 20 something y.o. girl ran up off the sidewalk, lifted her foot like she was going to step on my front bumper but stopped to see my reaction. I shook my head and said no no no...so she walked up to my window and said "Then you have to give me a ride then". I compromised and let her sit in it for a minute (she really wasn't all that if you know what I mean). When I came out at closing got into the car and proceeded to drive home another girl walks out in the middle of the street puts her hand out and stops me. Then she starts to try and stage my car like I was in the middle of a street race (with no other car next to me?) When I got close enough she touched my front bumper with her hand and did some kind of model pose infront of the 300 or so people just getting out. Seemed like she just wanted attention from the crowd. None the less she got it, she came over to my window and told me she loved the car... At that point everyones clapping, yelling, and requesting a burnout. (sorry but I'm not trashing my pilots, especially with 3 cop cars 500ft away making sure no one is driving drunk)

As I drove away I couldn't help but wonder what this summers going to be like if this is my first experience really out in it..

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had mine downtown on friday for the first time since I bought it 4 weeks ago. Drove to and parked by the local club. Before I could turn off the car some 20 something y.o. girl ran up off the sidewalk, lifted her foot like she was going to step on my front bumper but stopped to see my reaction. I shook my head and said no no no...so she walked up to my window and said "Then you have to give me a ride then". I compromised and let her sit in it for a minute (she really wasn't all that if you know what I mean). When I came out at closing got into the car and proceeded to drive home another girl walks out in the middle of the street puts her hand out and stops me. Then she starts to try and stage my car like I was in the middle of a street race (with no other car next to me?) When I got close enough she touched my front bumper with her hand and did some kind of model pose infront of the 300 or so people just getting out. Seemed like she just wanted attention from the crowd. None the less she got it, she came over to my window and told me she loved the car... At that point everyones clapping, yelling, and requesting a burnout. (sorry but I'm not trashing my pilots, especially with 3 cop cars 500ft away making sure no one is driving drunk)

As I drove away I couldn't help but wonder what this summers going to be like if this is my first experience really out in it..

Awesome story :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay...

I claim all that and add age 24! TAKE IT!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad