why the difference in price?

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
two similar, same year vipers totally understand that dealers can list for what ever they want.

2006 Dodge Viper SRT 10 Coupe

2006 Used Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe at Windy City Motorsports in Schaumburg, IL - Vehicle Details

There is your answer. One may need more for one than the other for many reasons. Depends on the market in the area also. Check on any listing site and very similar cars, in fact identical cars will list for many different prices. Not rocket science. It's what the market will bear and what the seller needs to get out of the car.

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With BJ being in Virginia compared to Chicago for Windy City I would of thought that prices would be higher there. thanks for the response.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBAY is NO way to tell the real world market value of any car. Majority of cheap EBAY vehicles are crap cars fixed at owner's expense so as to not go through insurance, etc. Sorry, but you get what you pay for.

One car looks to be a one owner in great shape and the other a high mileage exotic car rental. The car for $69K is probably high, but would sell for what it is worth at $65K. The one for $52K, ask yourself why would it be $52K. Well, there is you answer.

Anyone buying a cheap car from EBAY gets exactly what they deserve in my opinion.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To be fair, I found 3 of my high dollar cars on ebay, tracked them down, after the auction failed I flew (with money) and purchased all 3 cars AFTER SEEING them in person.

Ebay has hosed me on a set of "likenew" Turbos, a shop/chassis manual and a few other items under $1,000. Seems that their "protections" are garbage as I've never recovered even a small amount of what I was ripped off.

Ted

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the Milage....One has 17K miles the other under 1K...
Is that a scratch on the stripe

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing about the smear on the stripe. I do not consider a 2-3 year old car with 17K miles as a high milage car. I know there are tons of vipers out there with extreamly low milage but to me 6k a year sounds like someone drove (and yes may of beat on) it. If that car is from chicago, 6k a year is a lot of driving considering how long winter is.

both are beautiful cars, looks wise.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the smaller wholesale dealerships only mark cars up X amount, based on what they have invested in the cars. If they win one at auction pretty cheap, they will add in their profit and move the unit. Not all dealers look at market values, sometimes their X profit makes the prices higher than normal too.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BJ's hand select's there cars and know there entire history, so a future owner doesnt have to worry about what came before and they price there cars as the market dictates with some room for profit, remember he is a car dealer..

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DadsToy - I thought you were going to buy a new ACR...change of heart? With new, at least you know what you are getting (providing you take delivery right off the truck!)

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love a new ACR, still have a year to decide. just doing more shoping and gathering info. trying to learn about some of the different dealerships or specialty dealers and what members here think about them. My company put all pay raises and promotions on a 6 month hold. this is the first time in their history to do that. SO I am rethinking what my toy limit is.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIG difference is...One of those dealers (BJ Motors) is a well known and trusted dealer here. Just like Woodhouse and Roanoke and a very few other dealers there has never been a hint of a complaint about a car from BJ Motors. Bernie stands behind his cars and only offers the absolute best used Vipers. It really is worth it to spend a couple extra bucks from a dealer who is known for quality cars.
The mileage difference in the two cars is significant also. Anything over 10,000 miles seems to be the magic number in dropping the price on a late model Viper. Not saying that's right it just is what it is. And it will affect you when you add some more and re sell. With Vipers get the lowest mile car you can and then enjoy it for all the miles you want to put on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950