WHY THIS IS STILL A GREAT BOARD AND CLUB>>>

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

well after reading all the negative posts and worries that this board has degraded into some type of slam fest, i thought i would share with you a reason for hope
smile.gif

as you guys remember the viper club helped me out with a boy here in augusta with cycstic fibrosis this spring. well aaron is doing well and should already be down in florida awaiting his transplant as i am writing this post. we raised over 10k for him and enabled him to reach his goal and then some.

i got a call from mark g. from viper magazine who is going to run a small article about aaron in an upcoming issue of viper magazine. i wrote a small letter and sent this pic so watch for it sometime soon. and again thanks for all your generosity and prayers.

You must be registered for see images

this is still a great place to hang your hat each morning
smile.gif

george
mgw

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree!

That smile says it all. Thanks for the pic George.

Hey, wouldn't he make a good anti-theft device? <grin>

Steve

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great picture George. Aaron looks better behind the wheel than you do! Twenty bucks says he can kick your butt at the drag strip.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thank you George. THIS is why we should be on this board! Leave your spams at the door and set your priorities straight!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a (primarily) Cobra event a few weekends back. Although it was a great car event, the heart of the gathering result was the over $35,000 it raised for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation . Stop by their web site to learn more about them. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is rated one of the best in the world, with 92 cents out of every dollar making it to the end reseachers. That reseach is getting results, the life expectency of people afflicted with this desease is four(?) times what is was just a few years ago.

Several children with CS attended and a person with termainal cancer spoke to the group as well. He was a very powerful speaker, and really hit home with many, I doubt there was a dry eye in the place.

He told a great story about how he rode back in his Cobra from the paint shop with a friend after it was litterey "just completed". He had decided to build the car as a way to spend his remaining time with his kids, and leave them something (both the memories of the time they spent together building the car, and the car itself) to remember him by. Well, the friend and passenger he was with had recently lost his spouse to cancer. When they arrived home, the first the his friend did was take off his five point harness, and flip the shoulder straps over is shoulder..... bam, big metal belt ends meet brand new, just completed paint.....

This is what the speaker called "the gap" the space of time between an event, and the way a person reacts to the event.

It was just paint....just a car.... on the other hand, the passenger had just lost his spouse. But how he handled the "gap" would really show what mattered, where his true spirit resided.

He was able to pop out a quick "it's just paint, don't worry about it." Gotta be honest, I don't know if I could have......

I hope I can do the story justice.

It was quite a weekend. One that really tugged at the attendees "heart strings", and helped put in perspective ones priorities. Wish everyone could have been there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth