Window won't roll up unless.... I jiggle it, just a little bit.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Window won\'t roll up unless.... I jiggle it, just a little bit.

Remember that one.

Anyways, I did a search but cannot find the post where I think someone had the same problem.

My driver side window will intermitenly ( sorry sp?) not roll up. If I shake, yes jiggle the wiring a little it will then work fine for a week or so. Should I take it apart and replace 1 wire, or the whole thing?

Anyone have some idears. Thanks.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Window won\'t roll up unless.... I jiggle it, just a little bit.

You have a break in the wires going from the door to the body, most likely. Pull the rubber boot back from both ends, and pull on each wire separately until you find the one that comes free. Then, either splice it back together or do as many do, and just replace the whole harness (which is not an insignificant job, I understand - I just spliced the three broken wires I found).

Windows are good for a daily driver - although I liked the Northwind sliders I had on my '95, its so decadent to have the windows actually store *in the door*, rather than in the @#%@%#@ trunk.

OP
OP
B

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will try this weekend. Does the dealership still have a harness for something like this? Anyone know a rough idea of how much, and how big of a hassle?

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine is going in next week to have the harness replaced. My speaker would cut in and out when I open the door. Also, the popper to open the door would activate a few times while you are openning the door. Under warranty for me so I'm just having it replaced instead of splicing together the defective wires.

01bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did one on my 01 a few months ago. I think it ran about $400 new from Chuck Tator. Plan on about 2 hours if you do it yourself. Wear longsleeves, or the inside of the door will tear your arms apart.