Windshield Banner

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a windshield banner from Neil U.K. (which looks really good btw)
It appears to be very high quality. Those of you that have them, did you install with water/soap mixture in a wet manner? Or just clean the surface and install dry? Did u somehow pry up the rubber edge surrounding the windshield and slide the decal banner underneath for a finished look?

Mike :usa:

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would use the wet method. Trying to get such a large decal across the top is going to end up badly if you go dry. :) Post up some pics when you are done.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spray bottle with a few drops of washing up liquid in..
Spray on the screen and apply decal ..I usually let mine dry then peel of masking tape..

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure the glass is cleaned and is spotless then go the wet route, youll never get a decent job doing it dry but end up with lots of tiny air bubbles. Doing it wet gives you a few minutes to slide the vinyl around before it starts to cure.

use the squeegee i sent to pry the rubber strip up slightly and push/work the vinyl underneath, you only need to get it under by a 1/16. Then spray the vinyl face again this allows the squeegee to slide over the vinyl easier when applying more pressure and reduces the chance of scratching it

dont use your wipers for 24 hours if possible

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Great work Neil!

90652005July17_5.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte